- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Conrad captures third spot in European race
- Updated: June 10, 2013
Nolene Conrad ran her way on to the podium in Belgium at the weekend, her first of the European season, writes Mark Etheridge.
Racing the 3000-metre steeplechase event, Conrad took third in 10min 08.2sec in a race won by Ethiopian Tigest Getent Mekonnen in 10:04 from Italian Samiri Touria (in a personal best 10:06.6).
“It was a very good line-up with the European champion there [Touria] and five of the girls had run sub-10min this season,” Conrad told Road to Rio 2016.
“Three of them ran with me in my previous two races and I beat them today, excepting for the Ethiopian girl.”
Conrad said the wind was a real factor in the race. “But I felt great. My next race is on 12 June in Nijmegen, Netherlands and it’s a flat 3000m so I’m hoping to run a fast time thereÔÇª if the weather plays along.”