- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Van Dyk takes silver in World Cup
- Updated: June 9, 2013
Paralympics silver medallist Ernst van Dyk added yet another silver medal to his trophy cabinet at the World Cup event in Merano, Italy on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing in the H4 road race, Van Dyk improved on his time trial performance by two places after he had ended just outside the podium places on Friday.
The race was won by ex Formula one motor-racing ace Alex Zanardi, the same man who denied him gold in London last year.
“It was a five man sprint but Zanardi took it again. It was a close finish,” said Van Dyk after his race.
In the H2 race, Stuart McCreadie crashed out of contention.