- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Van Dyk takes silver in World Cup
- Updated: June 9, 2013
Paralympics silver medallist Ernst van Dyk added yet another silver medal to his trophy cabinet at the World Cup event in Merano, Italy on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing in the H4 road race, Van Dyk improved on his time trial performance by two places after he had ended just outside the podium places on Friday.
The race was won by ex Formula one motor-racing ace Alex Zanardi, the same man who denied him gold in London last year.
“It was a five man sprint but Zanardi took it again. It was a close finish,” said Van Dyk after his race.
In the H2 race, Stuart McCreadie crashed out of contention.