- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
Van Dyk takes silver in World Cup
- Updated: June 9, 2013
Paralympics silver medallist Ernst van Dyk added yet another silver medal to his trophy cabinet at the World Cup event in Merano, Italy on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing in the H4 road race, Van Dyk improved on his time trial performance by two places after he had ended just outside the podium places on Friday.
The race was won by ex Formula one motor-racing ace Alex Zanardi, the same man who denied him gold in London last year.
“It was a five man sprint but Zanardi took it again. It was a close finish,” said Van Dyk after his race.
In the H2 race, Stuart McCreadie crashed out of contention.