- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Van Dyk takes silver in World Cup
- Updated: June 9, 2013
Paralympics silver medallist Ernst van Dyk added yet another silver medal to his trophy cabinet at the World Cup event in Merano, Italy on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing in the H4 road race, Van Dyk improved on his time trial performance by two places after he had ended just outside the podium places on Friday.
The race was won by ex Formula one motor-racing ace Alex Zanardi, the same man who denied him gold in London last year.
“It was a five man sprint but Zanardi took it again. It was a close finish,” said Van Dyk after his race.
In the H2 race, Stuart McCreadie crashed out of contention.