- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Van Dyk takes silver in World Cup
- Updated: June 9, 2013
Paralympics silver medallist Ernst van Dyk added yet another silver medal to his trophy cabinet at the World Cup event in Merano, Italy on Saturday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Competing in the H4 road race, Van Dyk improved on his time trial performance by two places after he had ended just outside the podium places on Friday.
The race was won by ex Formula one motor-racing ace Alex Zanardi, the same man who denied him gold in London last year.
“It was a five man sprint but Zanardi took it again. It was a close finish,” said Van Dyk after his race.
In the H2 race, Stuart McCreadie crashed out of contention.