- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
SA youngsters named for World Championships
- Updated: June 4, 2013
A 12-strong team has been chosen to represent South Africa at the 2021 Junior World Track Championships in Glasgow, Scotland later this year.
The team consists of seven boys and five girls for the event which runs from 7-11 August.
The team was chosen as part of Cycling South Africa track cycling commission 2016/2020 strategy and using selectors’ commission.
The CSA track cycling commission’s focus is on┬áthe Team Pursuit and Team Sprint events rather than on individual events. This has allowed for the inclusion of a team of cyclists whom will then be nominated to ride in the individual events.
The full team for Scotland is:
Men’s Team Sprint discipline: Kyle Borchjes
Men’s Team endurance discipline: Bronwin Adams, Jevandr├® Pauls, Josh Burchel, Morn├® van Niekerk, Shameeg Salie
Women’s Team Sprint discipline: Odette van Deventer
Women’s Team endurance discipline: Chante van der Merwe, Mikayla Oliver, Monique Gerber, Sonja Kritzinger
Reserve: Men’s Sprint & Endurance event: Charles Mathewson
Non-travelling reserves for the men’s Endurance events:┬á Graham Ockhuis, Estephan Kotze