- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
SA youngsters named for World Championships
- Updated: June 4, 2013
A 12-strong team has been chosen to represent South Africa at the 2021 Junior World Track Championships in Glasgow, Scotland later this year.
The team consists of seven boys and five girls for the event which runs from 7-11 August.
The team was chosen as part of Cycling South Africa track cycling commission 2016/2020 strategy and using selectors’ commission.
The CSA track cycling commission’s focus is on┬áthe Team Pursuit and Team Sprint events rather than on individual events. This has allowed for the inclusion of a team of cyclists whom will then be nominated to ride in the individual events.
The full team for Scotland is:
Men’s Team Sprint discipline: Kyle Borchjes
Men’s Team endurance discipline: Bronwin Adams, Jevandr├® Pauls, Josh Burchel, Morn├® van Niekerk, Shameeg Salie
Women’s Team Sprint discipline: Odette van Deventer
Women’s Team endurance discipline: Chante van der Merwe, Mikayla Oliver, Monique Gerber, Sonja Kritzinger
Reserve: Men’s Sprint & Endurance event: Charles Mathewson
Non-travelling reserves for the men’s Endurance events:┬á Graham Ockhuis, Estephan Kotze