- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Viljoen books her World Championships berth
- Updated: June 2, 2013
Sunette Viljoen qualified for this year’s World Athletics Championships with a season’s best effort at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene on Friday night.
Viljoen, the only South African competing at the Diamond League meeting, finished third in the women’s javelin throw with a second-round heave of 63.00m ÔÇô one metre further than the qualifying mark for the showpiece in Moscow in August.
German Christina Obergfoll, the Olympic silver medallist, won with a best throw of 67.70m, setting a new meeting record.
Olympic 110m hurdles finalist Lehann Fourie is the only South African in the provisional entry lists for the next Diamond League meeting in Rome, Italy, on Thursday.