- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Viljoen books her World Championships berth
- Updated: June 2, 2013
Sunette Viljoen qualified for this year’s World Athletics Championships with a season’s best effort at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene on Friday night.
Viljoen, the only South African competing at the Diamond League meeting, finished third in the women’s javelin throw with a second-round heave of 63.00m ÔÇô one metre further than the qualifying mark for the showpiece in Moscow in August.
German Christina Obergfoll, the Olympic silver medallist, won with a best throw of 67.70m, setting a new meeting record.
Olympic 110m hurdles finalist Lehann Fourie is the only South African in the provisional entry lists for the next Diamond League meeting in Rome, Italy, on Thursday.