- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Viljoen books her World Championships berth
- Updated: June 2, 2013
Sunette Viljoen qualified for this year’s World Athletics Championships with a season’s best effort at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene on Friday night.
Viljoen, the only South African competing at the Diamond League meeting, finished third in the women’s javelin throw with a second-round heave of 63.00m ÔÇô one metre further than the qualifying mark for the showpiece in Moscow in August.
German Christina Obergfoll, the Olympic silver medallist, won with a best throw of 67.70m, setting a new meeting record.
Olympic 110m hurdles finalist Lehann Fourie is the only South African in the provisional entry lists for the next Diamond League meeting in Rome, Italy, on Thursday.