- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
Viljoen books her World Championships berth
- Updated: June 2, 2013
Sunette Viljoen qualified for this year’s World Athletics Championships with a season’s best effort at the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene on Friday night.
Viljoen, the only South African competing at the Diamond League meeting, finished third in the women’s javelin throw with a second-round heave of 63.00m ÔÇô one metre further than the qualifying mark for the showpiece in Moscow in August.
German Christina Obergfoll, the Olympic silver medallist, won with a best throw of 67.70m, setting a new meeting record.
Olympic 110m hurdles finalist Lehann Fourie is the only South African in the provisional entry lists for the next Diamond League meeting in Rome, Italy, on Thursday.