This is great to see. I have both copies of the publication and love reading it over and over again - really gives us a good idea on our athletes and motivates me to push more!
- Rising stars head for inaugural Cape Town Pro
- Van Rensburg readies himself for Diamond League debut
- Van Wyk leads SA challenge at Zwartkop
- Longjumper Lynique lays down her marker for Rio 2016
- Phalula’s excellent Enschede run puts her in Rio marathon mix
- Sunbirds sunk by rampant Jaguars in BFNPL
- Southern Gauteng and Northerns Blues are 2016 champions
- Strauss and Buys are SA’s top finishers in PMB
- Kingdom Stars show a few kinks in Flames’ armour
- Alani aces four Paralympic times as she eyes Rio spot
Road to Rio TV show on air
- Updated: May 30, 2013
Episode Five of the Road to Rio 2016 television programme is currently being flighted on SuperSport.
First up we take a look at Akani Simbine the up-and-coming 100 and 200-metre sprinter and current Zone VI champion.
Staying with athletes and Casper Schutte, javelin ace and 2012 Paralympian, relays his story and looks forward to Rio.
Then we took a look at the wheelchair rugby team that trains at Pretoria University. This code is a Paralympic sport so we thought we’d investigate the South African version of the sport
Lastly we showcase korfball, a sport that falls under the umbrella of Olympic governing body SASCOC, and what exactly this entails.
1 June 12.30am-1am (SS6) and again (6.30-7am)
6 June 12.30-1pm (SHD4)
12 June 7.40-8.10am (SH2)
14 June 5.30-6am (SH2)