This is great to see. I have both copies of the publication and love reading it over and over again - really gives us a good idea on our athletes and motivates me to push more!
- Murray caps a memorable year with victory in Mexico
- Keeling and Ward win surfski gold for SA in Tahiti
- Pollution wipes out day one but Van der Burgh emerges victorious on day two
- Cape Town Surfriders seal SA Junior Champs vicotry
- BMX aces firmly focused on road to Rio
- Elkington executes perfect 10-pointer at Jeffreys
- Seymour rides her way to possible Rio berth
- April looks to bounce back after Berlin breakdown
- Girls steal the show at second day of SA Juniors
- Former world champ to take on the Fish River Marathon
Road to Rio TV show on air
- Updated: May 30, 2013
Episode Five of the Road to Rio 2016 television programme is currently being flighted on SuperSport.
First up we take a look at Akani Simbine the up-and-coming 100 and 200-metre sprinter and current Zone VI champion.
Staying with athletes and Casper Schutte, javelin ace and 2012 Paralympian, relays his story and looks forward to Rio.
Then we took a look at the wheelchair rugby team that trains at Pretoria University. This code is a Paralympic sport so we thought we’d investigate the South African version of the sport
Lastly we showcase korfball, a sport that falls under the umbrella of Olympic governing body SASCOC, and what exactly this entails.
1 June 12.30am-1am (SS6) and again (6.30-7am)
6 June 12.30-1pm (SHD4)
12 June 7.40-8.10am (SH2)
14 June 5.30-6am (SH2)