This is great to see. I have both copies of the publication and love reading it over and over again - really gives us a good idea on our athletes and motivates me to push more!
- Olympian Buys leads six-strong SA side for MTB World Champs
- Dodd leads the chase in Colombia as SA racers line up at world championships
- M4 crew’s Swiss success means SA have five boats qualified for Rio
- SA duo of Simon and Van Zyl book their spots at US Open
- Wostmann can run her way to more SA running records at Comrades
- Junior wheelchair stars down Russia in Japan
- Johnson and Lord Louis ride to two first places in Europe
- Hanekom hoping to be part of hurdles final action in Rio
- Hartley will dig deep after ‘disappointing’ World Cup weekend
- Tough going for SA riders at Albstadt World Cup
Road to Rio TV show on air
- Updated: May 30, 2013
Episode Five of the Road to Rio 2016 television programme is currently being flighted on SuperSport.
First up we take a look at Akani Simbine the up-and-coming 100 and 200-metre sprinter and current Zone VI champion.
Staying with athletes and Casper Schutte, javelin ace and 2012 Paralympian, relays his story and looks forward to Rio.
Then we took a look at the wheelchair rugby team that trains at Pretoria University. This code is a Paralympic sport so we thought we’d investigate the South African version of the sport
Lastly we showcase korfball, a sport that falls under the umbrella of Olympic governing body SASCOC, and what exactly this entails.
1 June 12.30am-1am (SS6) and again (6.30-7am)
6 June 12.30-1pm (SHD4)
12 June 7.40-8.10am (SH2)
14 June 5.30-6am (SH2)