This is great to see. I have both copies of the publication and love reading it over and over again - really gives us a good idea on our athletes and motivates me to push more!
- Cameron’s world record short-lived but he’s into final
- Double gold for Du Preez as Van Dyk prepares for new cycle
- Skipper White on what water polo needs to stay afloat
- Le Clos, Rousseau make headway in 200m ‘fly at Worlds
- Cameron captures world record in 50m breaststroke heats
- Silver for Van der Burgh in 100m breaststroke final
- Murray motors to Rio 2016 qualification spot in Brazil
- Le Clos and Brown through to 200m freestyle semis in Russia
- SA soccer sides are edging closer to Rio Olympics
- Two more golds for SA at Para-cycling Road World Championships
Road to Rio TV show on air
- Updated: May 30, 2013
Episode Five of the Road to Rio 2016 television programme is currently being flighted on SuperSport.
First up we take a look at Akani Simbine the up-and-coming 100 and 200-metre sprinter and current Zone VI champion.
Staying with athletes and Casper Schutte, javelin ace and 2012 Paralympian, relays his story and looks forward to Rio.
Then we took a look at the wheelchair rugby team that trains at Pretoria University. This code is a Paralympic sport so we thought we’d investigate the South African version of the sport
Lastly we showcase korfball, a sport that falls under the umbrella of Olympic governing body SASCOC, and what exactly this entails.
1 June 12.30am-1am (SS6) and again (6.30-7am)
6 June 12.30-1pm (SHD4)
12 June 7.40-8.10am (SH2)
14 June 5.30-6am (SH2)