- Fischer flies to African Cup victory in Buffalo City
- Skipper Van Wyk on Banyana’s Cup chances
- Olympic athletics ace throws her lot in with SA sevens side
- Prinsloo battles injury, health issues in nationals build-up
- Amajimbos end as runners-up in Niger… now for World Champs in Chile
- Olympians Buys, Neethling on top in PE
- SA wheelchair tennis aces down Morocco
- SA bowlers shine at world championships
- Khwela fronts up to the challenge of Non-Stop Dusi
- Blitzbok women drawn with front-runners New Zealand in Atlanta
Road to Rio TV show on air
- Updated: May 30, 2013
Episode Five of the Road to Rio 2016 television programme is currently being flighted on SuperSport.
First up we take a look at Akani Simbine the up-and-coming 100 and 200-metre sprinter and current Zone VI champion.
Staying with athletes and Casper Schutte, javelin ace and 2012 Paralympian, relays his story and looks forward to Rio.
Then we took a look at the wheelchair rugby team that trains at Pretoria University. This code is a Paralympic sport so we thought we’d investigate the South African version of the sport
Lastly we showcase korfball, a sport that falls under the umbrella of Olympic governing body SASCOC, and what exactly this entails.
1 June 12.30am-1am (SS6) and again (6.30-7am)
6 June 12.30-1pm (SHD4)
12 June 7.40-8.10am (SH2)
14 June 5.30-6am (SH2)