This is great to see. I have both copies of the publication and love reading it over and over again - really gives us a good idea on our athletes and motivates me to push more!
- Murray’s great memories of the Games linger on
- Sanders tastes maiden World Cup success in Salinas
- Paralympic gold medallist adds another silver medal to his collection
- Woolf’s ninth spot is SA’s best finisher at World Juniors
- Star trio carry SA’s hopes at Azores showdown
- SA women’s sevens side end third at Hokkaido tournament
- Three-time Olympian Hartley fishes for new challenges
- Southern Cape seal SA Inter-Provincial title
- Olympic bronze medallists in Pool B for season opener
- SA youngsters on the rise at World Juniors
Road to Rio TV show on air
- Updated: May 30, 2013
Episode Five of the Road to Rio 2016 television programme is currently being flighted on SuperSport.
First up we take a look at Akani Simbine the up-and-coming 100 and 200-metre sprinter and current Zone VI champion.
Staying with athletes and Casper Schutte, javelin ace and 2012 Paralympian, relays his story and looks forward to Rio.
Then we took a look at the wheelchair rugby team that trains at Pretoria University. This code is a Paralympic sport so we thought we’d investigate the South African version of the sport
Lastly we showcase korfball, a sport that falls under the umbrella of Olympic governing body SASCOC, and what exactly this entails.
1 June 12.30am-1am (SS6) and again (6.30-7am)
6 June 12.30-1pm (SHD4)
12 June 7.40-8.10am (SH2)
14 June 5.30-6am (SH2)