This is great to see. I have both copies of the publication and love reading it over and over again - really gives us a good idea on our athletes and motivates me to push more!
- Turning into a full-time athlete pays off as Wayne walks to new SA best
- SA’s Baker back to Hawaii to take on monster waves
- Top 10 finish for Hudson and Jim at Miami World Cup
- Haig grabs his second chance with both hands to lead Challenge
- SA’s Halkett welcomes challenge of Olympic champions Germany
- Brown and Weber capture Cape Mile titles
- Teenager Ignation spurs WP to victory at Zwartkop
- Tatjana takes two golds and Chad, Cameron also shine at Grand Prix
- SA Fed Cup team back down to Group 2 after defeats in Israel
- SA men build for the future with Test series against Olympic champs
Road to Rio TV show on air
- Updated: May 30, 2013
Episode Five of the Road to Rio 2016 television programme is currently being flighted on SuperSport.
First up we take a look at Akani Simbine the up-and-coming 100 and 200-metre sprinter and current Zone VI champion.
Staying with athletes and Casper Schutte, javelin ace and 2012 Paralympian, relays his story and looks forward to Rio.
Then we took a look at the wheelchair rugby team that trains at Pretoria University. This code is a Paralympic sport so we thought we’d investigate the South African version of the sport
Lastly we showcase korfball, a sport that falls under the umbrella of Olympic governing body SASCOC, and what exactly this entails.
1 June 12.30am-1am (SS6) and again (6.30-7am)
6 June 12.30-1pm (SHD4)
12 June 7.40-8.10am (SH2)
14 June 5.30-6am (SH2)