- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Warmback in hot water over steroids
- Updated: May 23, 2013
Cape Epic cycling competitor Barry Warmback has tested positive for a banned steroid, according to Cycling South Africa.
Cycling SA has received notification from the UCI (International Cycling Union) of an adverse analytical finding from a sample provided by Warmback on 18 March 2013 at the Absa Cape Epic mountain bike competition.
The analytical report confirmed the presence of the steroid, Stanozolol in his sample. Warmback is therefore provisionally suspended with immediate effect from competing in any event. The SAIDS (South African Institute of Drug-free Sport) process will now take its course.
Cycling SA reiterates its zero-tolerance approach to doping in sport and will continue working with the UCI and SAIDS in the promotion of a drug-free sport via its awareness programmes and extensive testing.