- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
Warmback in hot water over steroids
- Updated: May 23, 2013
Cape Epic cycling competitor Barry Warmback has tested positive for a banned steroid, according to Cycling South Africa.
Cycling SA has received notification from the UCI (International Cycling Union) of an adverse analytical finding from a sample provided by Warmback on 18 March 2013 at the Absa Cape Epic mountain bike competition.
The analytical report confirmed the presence of the steroid, Stanozolol in his sample. Warmback is therefore provisionally suspended with immediate effect from competing in any event. The SAIDS (South African Institute of Drug-free Sport) process will now take its course.
Cycling SA reiterates its zero-tolerance approach to doping in sport and will continue working with the UCI and SAIDS in the promotion of a drug-free sport via its awareness programmes and extensive testing.