- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Scheepers goes down in Madrid Open
- Updated: May 9, 2013
Chani Scheepers exited the Mutua Madrid Open on Thursday, going down in the second round, writes Mark Etheridge.
After ousting world No19 Jelena Jankovic on Tuesday she came up against another formidable Serbian opponent in the shape of Ana Ivanovic.
Ivanovic is currently ranked 16th on the WTA Tour rankings.
Scheepers went down 6-2 6-2 in a match that lasted five minutes under the 60-minute mark. Outgunned in the aces department to the tune of 6-1, she served up three double faults to her opponent’s one.
Ivanivic will now come up against Britain’s 41st ranked Laura Robson in the third round.