- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
Scheepers goes down in Madrid Open
- Updated: May 9, 2013
Chani Scheepers exited the Mutua Madrid Open on Thursday, going down in the second round, writes Mark Etheridge.
After ousting world No19 Jelena Jankovic on Tuesday she came up against another formidable Serbian opponent in the shape of Ana Ivanovic.
Ivanovic is currently ranked 16th on the WTA Tour rankings.
Scheepers went down 6-2 6-2 in a match that lasted five minutes under the 60-minute mark. Outgunned in the aces department to the tune of 6-1, she served up three double faults to her opponent’s one.
Ivanivic will now come up against Britain’s 41st ranked Laura Robson in the third round.