- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
SA BMX aces named for World Championships
- Updated: May 3, 2013
A squad of 25 cyclists have been selected to represent South Africa at the 2013 UCI BMX World Championships, which takes place in New Zealand from 24-28 July 2013.
South Africa has qualified that number of riders as per the new UCI qualifying criteria for the elite category: two elite men, two junior elite men and one elite woman.
The elite riders will be identified before the end of May to participate in that category and will be announced.
Included in the squad is 2008 and 2012 Olympian Sifiso “Skizo” Nhlapo.
The SA BMX squad for the 2013 UCI BMX World Championships (Auckland):
Tyrone Johns, Jonnathan Chislett, William Jackson, Michael Fikkert, Alan Dodd, Sifiso Nhlapo, Gavin Lubbe, Kyle Dodd, Teagan O’Keeffe, Godfrey Buziba, Alex Limberg, Jaden Laubscher, Kane Herbert, Alex Goncalves, Dylan Whittle, Themba Hlophe, Maia Rawlins, Lauren Coetzee, Tyrone Verrall, Dylan Eggar, Alex Dolman, Ethan Goveia, Jarod Ellse, Connor Terblanche, Kai Brett