- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
SA BMX aces named for World Championships
- Updated: May 3, 2013
A squad of 25 cyclists have been selected to represent South Africa at the 2013 UCI BMX World Championships, which takes place in New Zealand from 24-28 July 2013.
South Africa has qualified that number of riders as per the new UCI qualifying criteria for the elite category: two elite men, two junior elite men and one elite woman.
The elite riders will be identified before the end of May to participate in that category and will be announced.
Included in the squad is 2008 and 2012 Olympian Sifiso “Skizo” Nhlapo.
The SA BMX squad for the 2013 UCI BMX World Championships (Auckland):
Tyrone Johns, Jonnathan Chislett, William Jackson, Michael Fikkert, Alan Dodd, Sifiso Nhlapo, Gavin Lubbe, Kyle Dodd, Teagan O’Keeffe, Godfrey Buziba, Alex Limberg, Jaden Laubscher, Kane Herbert, Alex Goncalves, Dylan Whittle, Themba Hlophe, Maia Rawlins, Lauren Coetzee, Tyrone Verrall, Dylan Eggar, Alex Dolman, Ethan Goveia, Jarod Ellse, Connor Terblanche, Kai Brett