- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
SA BMX aces named for World Championships
- Updated: May 3, 2013
A squad of 25 cyclists have been selected to represent South Africa at the 2013 UCI BMX World Championships, which takes place in New Zealand from 24-28 July 2013.
South Africa has qualified that number of riders as per the new UCI qualifying criteria for the elite category: two elite men, two junior elite men and one elite woman.
The elite riders will be identified before the end of May to participate in that category and will be announced.
Included in the squad is 2008 and 2012 Olympian Sifiso “Skizo” Nhlapo.
The SA BMX squad for the 2013 UCI BMX World Championships (Auckland):
Tyrone Johns, Jonnathan Chislett, William Jackson, Michael Fikkert, Alan Dodd, Sifiso Nhlapo, Gavin Lubbe, Kyle Dodd, Teagan O’Keeffe, Godfrey Buziba, Alex Limberg, Jaden Laubscher, Kane Herbert, Alex Goncalves, Dylan Whittle, Themba Hlophe, Maia Rawlins, Lauren Coetzee, Tyrone Verrall, Dylan Eggar, Alex Dolman, Ethan Goveia, Jarod Ellse, Connor Terblanche, Kai Brett