- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Badminton youngsters take gold in Algeria
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Our Under-19 badminton side have retained their Africa Cup of Nations title for a third consecutive time.
Team SA beat Nigeria 3-2 in a closely contested final played in Algeria. The bronze medals were shared by the host nation and Mauritius.
South Africa returned home with a total of six medals ÔÇô two gold, one silver and three bronze.
The women’s doubles combination of Lee Ann de Wet and Anri Schoonees took gold against Nigeria, while De Wet also got silver in the singles category. Demi Botha took bronze in the same category.
In the men’s singles, Reneshan Naidoo got bronze for SA and in the mixed doubles, Bongani van Bodenstein teamed up with Botha to take bronze.