- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Badminton youngsters take gold in Algeria
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Our Under-19 badminton side have retained their Africa Cup of Nations title for a third consecutive time.
Team SA beat Nigeria 3-2 in a closely contested final played in Algeria. The bronze medals were shared by the host nation and Mauritius.
South Africa returned home with a total of six medals ÔÇô two gold, one silver and three bronze.
The women’s doubles combination of Lee Ann de Wet and Anri Schoonees took gold against Nigeria, while De Wet also got silver in the singles category. Demi Botha took bronze in the same category.
In the men’s singles, Reneshan Naidoo got bronze for SA and in the mixed doubles, Bongani van Bodenstein teamed up with Botha to take bronze.