- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Badminton youngsters take gold in Algeria
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Our Under-19 badminton side have retained their Africa Cup of Nations title for a third consecutive time.
Team SA beat Nigeria 3-2 in a closely contested final played in Algeria. The bronze medals were shared by the host nation and Mauritius.
South Africa returned home with a total of six medals ÔÇô two gold, one silver and three bronze.
The women’s doubles combination of Lee Ann de Wet and Anri Schoonees took gold against Nigeria, while De Wet also got silver in the singles category. Demi Botha took bronze in the same category.
In the men’s singles, Reneshan Naidoo got bronze for SA and in the mixed doubles, Bongani van Bodenstein teamed up with Botha to take bronze.