- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Badminton youngsters take gold in Algeria
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Our Under-19 badminton side have retained their Africa Cup of Nations title for a third consecutive time.
Team SA beat Nigeria 3-2 in a closely contested final played in Algeria. The bronze medals were shared by the host nation and Mauritius.
South Africa returned home with a total of six medals ÔÇô two gold, one silver and three bronze.
The women’s doubles combination of Lee Ann de Wet and Anri Schoonees took gold against Nigeria, while De Wet also got silver in the singles category. Demi Botha took bronze in the same category.
In the men’s singles, Reneshan Naidoo got bronze for SA and in the mixed doubles, Bongani van Bodenstein teamed up with Botha to take bronze.