- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Badminton youngsters take gold in Algeria
- Updated: April 26, 2013
Our Under-19 badminton side have retained their Africa Cup of Nations title for a third consecutive time.
Team SA beat Nigeria 3-2 in a closely contested final played in Algeria. The bronze medals were shared by the host nation and Mauritius.
South Africa returned home with a total of six medals ÔÇô two gold, one silver and three bronze.
The women’s doubles combination of Lee Ann de Wet and Anri Schoonees took gold against Nigeria, while De Wet also got silver in the singles category. Demi Botha took bronze in the same category.
In the men’s singles, Reneshan Naidoo got bronze for SA and in the mixed doubles, Bongani van Bodenstein teamed up with Botha to take bronze.