- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Welcome sponsorship boost for men’s hockey side
- Updated: April 24, 2013
A year out from the World Cup, our men’s hockey side hailed a huge helping boost on Wednesday with the welcome news of a corporate sponsor.
While the women’s side have been able to rely on the support of Investec in recent years, the men have had no backing excepting from what SA Hockey are able to give them. This makes their feat of reaching the London Olympics last year all the more remarkable.
The new sponsors are Famous Brands Limited and the sponsorship will initially run for two years.
One of its premium brands Mugg & Bean is partnering with SA Hockey as the new co-sponsor of the team. ÔÇ£We are delighted that we have a popular brand like Mugg & Bean on board,ÔÇØ said SA Hockey Association CEO Marissa Langeni.
ÔÇ£We are pleased that this is a two-year commitment which will include the World Cup in 2014. This sponsorship will assist the SA Men’s team in competing in top-class international events and hockey is proud to be associated with the Mugg & Bean brand,ÔÇØ the SA Hockey CEO added.
Famous Brands Chief Marketing Officer Derrian Nadauld stated: ÔÇ£This sponsorship deal will bring a new energy to the game and the Mugg & Bean brand is excited to be involved with the national men’s team. Hockey in South Africa has largely been a cinderella sport, in desperate need of a sponsor who could give the team the support they so richly deserve. The sponsorship of the men’s team is a natural extension of the brand’s involvement with the sport of hockey.”