- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
SASCOC’s farewell function for Rosina Sedibani School
- Updated: April 12, 2013
South Africa’s Olympic governing body SASCOC on Thursday held a farewell function for the Rosina Sedibani Sports School, ahead of the school’s participation at the World Schools Football Championships in France later this month.
The function was held at Olympic House in Johannesburg and attended by the players as well as many other sporting dignitaries.
The Under-16 age-group team from the school in Laudium, Pretoria, came through the ranks of qualifying at regional, provincial and national level before finally getting their chance to represent their country.
With the school falling under the administration of the South African Football Association and that body being a member of SASCOC, the Olympic governing body saw fit to host the team at a farewell before their departure to the Bordeaux event.
This was indeed a historical occasion and both Mr Nematandani and Mr Mazibuko were very grateful to the SASCOC CEO Mr Tubby Reddy for his and SASCOC’s gracious gesture.
SASCOC CEO Mr Tubby Reddy welcomed the team to Olympic House and also there was second vice-president Mr Les Williams.
Also in attendance were Deputy Sports Minister Mr Gert Oosthuizen, SAFA President Mr Kirsten Nematandani as well as Mr Philip Matlakala, CEO of sponsors Metropolitan Retail.
Mr Given Machaba, a proud principal of the Rosina Sedibani School, accompanied the team to the function.