- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
Team titles decided at Durban nationals
- Updated: April 4, 2013
Namibia and Northern Cape came out tops in the national Under-15 badminton championships contested in Durban this week.
The Team Event finished on Wednesday night and in both sections it went down to the wire. In the A-Section Northern Gauteng had to win against Namibia in order to win the section because of a draw against KwaZulu-Natal.
However, this was not to be as Namibia beat the defending champions 6-2.
In the B-Section things went down to the wire as both Namibia B and Northern Cape could win. The teams drew 4-4 but Northern Cape managed to secure the title when they picked up one game in beating Namibia nine games to eight.