- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
Badminton’s future stars in Durban action
- Updated: April 3, 2013
The national and interprovincial under-15 badminton championships have got underway in Durban.
Day one started with the interprovincial section and the strong team from Namibia beat Boland 7-1 in the A section’s opening round. Defending champions Northern Gauteng then drew against the local team from KZN.
After the opening two rounds Free State are leading the B-section with four points after two matches and in the A section Northern Gauteng are leading with three points after two matches.
Namibia are tied on two points each with KZN but have a game in hand.
Wednesday will see the completion of the team event with the individual events ÔÇô starting with mixed doubles on Thursday. The finals are scheduled for Saturday evening.