- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after excited mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
Badminton’s future stars in Durban action
- Updated: April 3, 2013
The national and interprovincial under-15 badminton championships have got underway in Durban.
Day one started with the interprovincial section and the strong team from Namibia beat Boland 7-1 in the A section’s opening round. Defending champions Northern Gauteng then drew against the local team from KZN.
After the opening two rounds Free State are leading the B-section with four points after two matches and in the A section Northern Gauteng are leading with three points after two matches.
Namibia are tied on two points each with KZN but have a game in hand.
Wednesday will see the completion of the team event with the individual events ÔÇô starting with mixed doubles on Thursday. The finals are scheduled for Saturday evening.