- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Badminton’s future stars in Durban action
- Updated: April 3, 2013
The national and interprovincial under-15 badminton championships have got underway in Durban.
Day one started with the interprovincial section and the strong team from Namibia beat Boland 7-1 in the A section’s opening round. Defending champions Northern Gauteng then drew against the local team from KZN.
After the opening two rounds Free State are leading the B-section with four points after two matches and in the A section Northern Gauteng are leading with three points after two matches.
Namibia are tied on two points each with KZN but have a game in hand.
Wednesday will see the completion of the team event with the individual events ÔÇô starting with mixed doubles on Thursday. The finals are scheduled for Saturday evening.