- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Badminton’s future stars in Durban action
- Updated: April 3, 2013
The national and interprovincial under-15 badminton championships have got underway in Durban.
Day one started with the interprovincial section and the strong team from Namibia beat Boland 7-1 in the A section’s opening round. Defending champions Northern Gauteng then drew against the local team from KZN.
After the opening two rounds Free State are leading the B-section with four points after two matches and in the A section Northern Gauteng are leading with three points after two matches.
Namibia are tied on two points each with KZN but have a game in hand.
Wednesday will see the completion of the team event with the individual events ÔÇô starting with mixed doubles on Thursday. The finals are scheduled for Saturday evening.