- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Anderson holds firm, Scheepers slides
- Updated: April 2, 2013
Despite reaching the third round of the Sony Masters last week, our top ranked singles player Kevin Anderson failed to move up the ATP World Rankings this week, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson fell to world No10 Janko Tipsarevic in the third round and remains at No29 in the latest rankings.
Meanwhile Chanelle Scheepers has dropped down the WTA rankings and now sits at 69th, compared to her previous ranking of 61st.
Like Anderson, she played the Sony Masters but went down to veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan in the first round.
Scheepers at one time featured as high as 37th in the WTA rankings. On Monday she went down in the opening round of the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, South Carolina, losing to French qualifier Caroline Garcia. Ranked 139th in the world, Garcia won 7-6 6-4.