- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
Anderson holds firm, Scheepers slides
- Updated: April 2, 2013
Despite reaching the third round of the Sony Masters last week, our top ranked singles player Kevin Anderson failed to move up the ATP World Rankings this week, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson fell to world No10 Janko Tipsarevic in the third round and remains at No29 in the latest rankings.
Meanwhile Chanelle Scheepers has dropped down the WTA rankings and now sits at 69th, compared to her previous ranking of 61st.
Like Anderson, she played the Sony Masters but went down to veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan in the first round.
Scheepers at one time featured as high as 37th in the WTA rankings. On Monday she went down in the opening round of the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, South Carolina, losing to French qualifier Caroline Garcia. Ranked 139th in the world, Garcia won 7-6 6-4.