- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Anderson holds firm, Scheepers slides
- Updated: April 2, 2013
Despite reaching the third round of the Sony Masters last week, our top ranked singles player Kevin Anderson failed to move up the ATP World Rankings this week, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson fell to world No10 Janko Tipsarevic in the third round and remains at No29 in the latest rankings.
Meanwhile Chanelle Scheepers has dropped down the WTA rankings and now sits at 69th, compared to her previous ranking of 61st.
Like Anderson, she played the Sony Masters but went down to veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan in the first round.
Scheepers at one time featured as high as 37th in the WTA rankings. On Monday she went down in the opening round of the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, South Carolina, losing to French qualifier Caroline Garcia. Ranked 139th in the world, Garcia won 7-6 6-4.