- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Anderson holds firm, Scheepers slides
- Updated: April 2, 2013
Despite reaching the third round of the Sony Masters last week, our top ranked singles player Kevin Anderson failed to move up the ATP World Rankings this week, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson fell to world No10 Janko Tipsarevic in the third round and remains at No29 in the latest rankings.
Meanwhile Chanelle Scheepers has dropped down the WTA rankings and now sits at 69th, compared to her previous ranking of 61st.
Like Anderson, she played the Sony Masters but went down to veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan in the first round.
Scheepers at one time featured as high as 37th in the WTA rankings. On Monday she went down in the opening round of the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, South Carolina, losing to French qualifier Caroline Garcia. Ranked 139th in the world, Garcia won 7-6 6-4.