- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
Anderson holds firm, Scheepers slides
- Updated: April 2, 2013
Despite reaching the third round of the Sony Masters last week, our top ranked singles player Kevin Anderson failed to move up the ATP World Rankings this week, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson fell to world No10 Janko Tipsarevic in the third round and remains at No29 in the latest rankings.
Meanwhile Chanelle Scheepers has dropped down the WTA rankings and now sits at 69th, compared to her previous ranking of 61st.
Like Anderson, she played the Sony Masters but went down to veteran Kimiko Date-Krumm of Japan in the first round.
Scheepers at one time featured as high as 37th in the WTA rankings. On Monday she went down in the opening round of the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, South Carolina, losing to French qualifier Caroline Garcia. Ranked 139th in the world, Garcia won 7-6 6-4.