- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Track ace Jobodwana on song in US
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Olympic 200-metre sprint finalist Anaso Jobodwana has opened his outdoor season with two fine efforts in the United States, writes Mark Etheridge.
Jobodwana, who ran the 200m final against Usain Bolt in the London Olympics last year, is based at Jackson State University, Mississippi.
He’s run a few indoor meetings but the recent 100m at the Louisiana State University track in Baton Rouge was his first individual outdoor effort.
“I won in 10.26sec,” he told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m not that happy but it’s a personal record so I can’t be too down. I Do have work to do though.”
Jobodwana was in action again over the weekend and there was more success. “I ran 10.13sec but with a 2.1 wind. I’m only doing the 200m in two weeks time.”