- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Track ace Jobodwana on song in US
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Olympic 200-metre sprint finalist Anaso Jobodwana has opened his outdoor season with two fine efforts in the United States, writes Mark Etheridge.
Jobodwana, who ran the 200m final against Usain Bolt in the London Olympics last year, is based at Jackson State University, Mississippi.
He’s run a few indoor meetings but the recent 100m at the Louisiana State University track in Baton Rouge was his first individual outdoor effort.
“I won in 10.26sec,” he told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m not that happy but it’s a personal record so I can’t be too down. I Do have work to do though.”
Jobodwana was in action again over the weekend and there was more success. “I ran 10.13sec but with a 2.1 wind. I’m only doing the 200m in two weeks time.”