- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
- McGuigan also equals course record at Zim Open
- Fisher fires course record 63 to lead by four in Harare
- Cele looking to do a job for Amajita at World Cup
- Simbine sets the pace with sub-10sec 100m victory
- Indigenous Games to be showcased at Arnold Classic Africa
- Olympian BMX ace Dodd in fine form at NAG series
- Banyana’s Mgcoyi picking up valuable skills in Germany
- Quick-starting Hugo holds one-shot lead in Harare
Track ace Jobodwana on song in US
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Olympic 200-metre sprint finalist Anaso Jobodwana has opened his outdoor season with two fine efforts in the United States, writes Mark Etheridge.
Jobodwana, who ran the 200m final against Usain Bolt in the London Olympics last year, is based at Jackson State University, Mississippi.
He’s run a few indoor meetings but the recent 100m at the Louisiana State University track in Baton Rouge was his first individual outdoor effort.
“I won in 10.26sec,” he told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m not that happy but it’s a personal record so I can’t be too down. I Do have work to do though.”
Jobodwana was in action again over the weekend and there was more success. “I ran 10.13sec but with a 2.1 wind. I’m only doing the 200m in two weeks time.”