- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
Track ace Jobodwana on song in US
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Olympic 200-metre sprint finalist Anaso Jobodwana has opened his outdoor season with two fine efforts in the United States, writes Mark Etheridge.
Jobodwana, who ran the 200m final against Usain Bolt in the London Olympics last year, is based at Jackson State University, Mississippi.
He’s run a few indoor meetings but the recent 100m at the Louisiana State University track in Baton Rouge was his first individual outdoor effort.
“I won in 10.26sec,” he told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m not that happy but it’s a personal record so I can’t be too down. I Do have work to do though.”
Jobodwana was in action again over the weekend and there was more success. “I ran 10.13sec but with a 2.1 wind. I’m only doing the 200m in two weeks time.”