- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Track ace Jobodwana on song in US
- Updated: April 1, 2013
Olympic 200-metre sprint finalist Anaso Jobodwana has opened his outdoor season with two fine efforts in the United States, writes Mark Etheridge.
Jobodwana, who ran the 200m final against Usain Bolt in the London Olympics last year, is based at Jackson State University, Mississippi.
He’s run a few indoor meetings but the recent 100m at the Louisiana State University track in Baton Rouge was his first individual outdoor effort.
“I won in 10.26sec,” he told Road to Rio 2016. “I’m not that happy but it’s a personal record so I can’t be too down. I Do have work to do though.”
Jobodwana was in action again over the weekend and there was more success. “I ran 10.13sec but with a 2.1 wind. I’m only doing the 200m in two weeks time.”