- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Continental honours for weightlifting’s Du Plooy
- Updated: March 27, 2013
South African Weightlifting Federation president Kevin du Plooy has been appointed as a board member of the Weightlifting Federation of Africa (WFA).
Cape Town based Du Plooy, in his new position, will also be responsible for the Medical Committee.
National and 2012 London Olympics coach, Aveenash Pandoo was also elected to the Coaching and Scientific Research Committee.
Both were elected at the WFA Electoral Congress which took place in Tunis, Tunisia earlier this year.