- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Continental honours for weightlifting’s Du Plooy
- Updated: March 27, 2013
South African Weightlifting Federation president Kevin du Plooy has been appointed as a board member of the Weightlifting Federation of Africa (WFA).
Cape Town based Du Plooy, in his new position, will also be responsible for the Medical Committee.
National and 2012 London Olympics coach, Aveenash Pandoo was also elected to the Coaching and Scientific Research Committee.
Both were elected at the WFA Electoral Congress which took place in Tunis, Tunisia earlier this year.