- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Continental honours for weightlifting’s Du Plooy
- Updated: March 27, 2013
South African Weightlifting Federation president Kevin du Plooy has been appointed as a board member of the Weightlifting Federation of Africa (WFA).
Cape Town based Du Plooy, in his new position, will also be responsible for the Medical Committee.
National and 2012 London Olympics coach, Aveenash Pandoo was also elected to the Coaching and Scientific Research Committee.
Both were elected at the WFA Electoral Congress which took place in Tunis, Tunisia earlier this year.