- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Anderson takes on Argentinian in Sony Open
- Updated: March 22, 2013
Kevin Anderson will come up against an opponent ranked 10 spots lower than him in the second round of the Sony Open tennis tournament in Miami, Florida on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Our top-ranked player, Anderson moved up to 29th in the latest rankings.
He received a bye into the second round and now takes on Horacio Zeballos after the Argentinian beat Netherlands player Thiemo de Bakker 6-1 3-6 6-3 in the first round.
Left-hander Zeballos is currently experiencing his highest ATP ranking (38th) since turning pro in 2003.
Anderson and Zeballos have only met on one occasion with Anderson coming up tops in four sets in the Australian Open last year as Anderson sent down a fine 21 aces.
Meanwhile, also at the Sony Open, our top-ranked women’s player, Chani Scheepers went down to veteran Japanese player Kimiko Date-Krumm, losing in straight sets 6-2 6-0.