- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
Anderson takes on Argentinian in Sony Open
- Updated: March 22, 2013
Kevin Anderson will come up against an opponent ranked 10 spots lower than him in the second round of the Sony Open tennis tournament in Miami, Florida on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Our top-ranked player, Anderson moved up to 29th in the latest rankings.
He received a bye into the second round and now takes on Horacio Zeballos after the Argentinian beat Netherlands player Thiemo de Bakker 6-1 3-6 6-3 in the first round.
Left-hander Zeballos is currently experiencing his highest ATP ranking (38th) since turning pro in 2003.
Anderson and Zeballos have only met on one occasion with Anderson coming up tops in four sets in the Australian Open last year as Anderson sent down a fine 21 aces.
Meanwhile, also at the Sony Open, our top-ranked women’s player, Chani Scheepers went down to veteran Japanese player Kimiko Date-Krumm, losing in straight sets 6-2 6-0.