- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Anderson takes on Argentinian in Sony Open
- Updated: March 22, 2013
Kevin Anderson will come up against an opponent ranked 10 spots lower than him in the second round of the Sony Open tennis tournament in Miami, Florida on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Our top-ranked player, Anderson moved up to 29th in the latest rankings.
He received a bye into the second round and now takes on Horacio Zeballos after the Argentinian beat Netherlands player Thiemo de Bakker 6-1 3-6 6-3 in the first round.
Left-hander Zeballos is currently experiencing his highest ATP ranking (38th) since turning pro in 2003.
Anderson and Zeballos have only met on one occasion with Anderson coming up tops in four sets in the Australian Open last year as Anderson sent down a fine 21 aces.
Meanwhile, also at the Sony Open, our top-ranked women’s player, Chani Scheepers went down to veteran Japanese player Kimiko Date-Krumm, losing in straight sets 6-2 6-0.