- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
Paralympian Philippa prepares for summer season
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Our Beijing and London equestrian ace, Philippa Johnson is continuing on her post Paralympics programme in Belgium, writes Mark Etheridge.
She and Lord Louis, the horse she took to London last year, competed in icy European winter conditions.
“This Sunday the weather finally gave us a break and allowed us to get to a competition Our last competition was cancelled after what was supposed to be 1-2cm of snow turned into 26cm of snow! We did have some snow on Sunday morning but it cleared before we had to leave.’
“This would be my only chance to give Lord Louis a chance to get into the competition arena before we head off for the CPEDI Deauville.
“We competed in the M6 class. All in all he did a lovely test until we got to the flying changes which we are still in discussion about. But he did manage to score a couple of 8’s.”
“We finished seventh with 64.50% out of a class of 11 horses. This is the last of our winter competitions which means the sun is just around the corner.”
Johnson was a double gold medallist in the Beijing Olympics where she competed on Benedict. She now competes on Verdi and Lord Louis .