- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Track stars will be on show in Bellville
- Updated: March 8, 2013
London Olympic sprinter Bernard Esterhuizen will be in Bellville for the 2013 SA Track and Para-cycling Championships form 27-31 March.
Also there will be 2012 world championships silver medallist Nolan Hoffman and entries have now opened for the prestigious event.
Esterhuizen’s recent national record in the 200-metre sprint in Cali, Colombia will be on the minds of his challengers, even though competitors will be competing on a concrete track surface at sea level.
And Hoffman will be looking to make amends after he felt his disappointment in the scratch event at the recent world champs in Minsk, Belarus.
London Paralympians Roxy Burns and Jaco Nel will also be competing at the national champs. Cape Town based Burns will be aiming to post a world championship qualifying time in her speciality event, the 500-m time trial, while Nel, the blitz from Beaufort West, will also be challenging to do well in his main event, the 1000m time triall.
The national championships is important for both riders in order to keep themselves competitive in the absence of a UCI para-cycling world championships for 2013.
A host of local competitors will also be fiercely contesting the championships in order to wear the prestigious national jersey and claim a national medal.