- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
MTN-Qhubeka’s development side win in the wet
- Updated: March 2, 2013
Competitors at the national road cycling championships┬á in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga came through unscathed after dangerously wet road on Friday.
After the first day’s action on Thursday had seen London Olympians Daryl Impey and Ashleigh Pasio taking the individual time trial results it was time for men’s team time trial.
Juniors Ryan Felgate (Team ASG) and Heidi Dalton were the individual junior time trial winners with Felgate completing the 33km course in 46min 29sec, and Dalton racing through her 15km challenge in 24:22.
Top team trial honours went to the MTN-Qhubeka World Cycling Centre Africa team, who completed the course in 1:13:29, with Team ASG ending second (1:14:03) and Team Europcar third (01:15:04).
The winning team acts as the development squad to Team MTN-Qhubeka powered by Samsung, and the team was made up of JC Nel, Calvin Beneke, Alem Grmay, Tesfu Redge, Getachew Yohans and Estifanos Gebresilassie.