- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
MTN-Qhubeka’s development side win in the wet
- Updated: March 2, 2013
Competitors at the national road cycling championships┬á in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga came through unscathed after dangerously wet road on Friday.
After the first day’s action on Thursday had seen London Olympians Daryl Impey and Ashleigh Pasio taking the individual time trial results it was time for men’s team time trial.
Juniors Ryan Felgate (Team ASG) and Heidi Dalton were the individual junior time trial winners with Felgate completing the 33km course in 46min 29sec, and Dalton racing through her 15km challenge in 24:22.
Top team trial honours went to the MTN-Qhubeka World Cycling Centre Africa team, who completed the course in 1:13:29, with Team ASG ending second (1:14:03) and Team Europcar third (01:15:04).
The winning team acts as the development squad to Team MTN-Qhubeka powered by Samsung, and the team was made up of JC Nel, Calvin Beneke, Alem Grmay, Tesfu Redge, Getachew Yohans and Estifanos Gebresilassie.