- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
MTN-Qhubeka’s development side win in the wet
- Updated: March 2, 2013
Competitors at the national road cycling championships┬á in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga came through unscathed after dangerously wet road on Friday.
After the first day’s action on Thursday had seen London Olympians Daryl Impey and Ashleigh Pasio taking the individual time trial results it was time for men’s team time trial.
Juniors Ryan Felgate (Team ASG) and Heidi Dalton were the individual junior time trial winners with Felgate completing the 33km course in 46min 29sec, and Dalton racing through her 15km challenge in 24:22.
Top team trial honours went to the MTN-Qhubeka World Cycling Centre Africa team, who completed the course in 1:13:29, with Team ASG ending second (1:14:03) and Team Europcar third (01:15:04).
The winning team acts as the development squad to Team MTN-Qhubeka powered by Samsung, and the team was made up of JC Nel, Calvin Beneke, Alem Grmay, Tesfu Redge, Getachew Yohans and Estifanos Gebresilassie.