- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
Olympians Daryl, Ashleigh take SA time trial titles
- Updated: March 1, 2013
London Olympian Daryl Impey won Thursday’s individual time trial at the national road cycling championships in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga.
Raced over 32.6 kilometres, Impey clocked 42min 53.46 seconds, to beat Jay Robert Thomson into second spot by 16sec (43:09.41).
Third was Johannes Rabie in 43:35. Last year’s winner, Robbie Hunter, didn’t defend his title this year due to international commitments.
Track ace Nolan Hoffman, only recently back from the World Track Championships in Minsk, Belarus, failed to complete the race.
The women’s race was won by another Olympic athlete, Ashleigh Pasio being timed at 50:31. That was good for a 2min 09sec gap ahead of second-placed Lee-Zaan Hinrichsen with All African Games time trial champion Lise Olivier third.
Friday sees the staging of the team trial trial events.