- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
Olympians Daryl, Ashleigh take SA time trial titles
- Updated: March 1, 2013
London Olympian Daryl Impey won Thursday’s individual time trial at the national road cycling championships in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga.
Raced over 32.6 kilometres, Impey clocked 42min 53.46 seconds, to beat Jay Robert Thomson into second spot by 16sec (43:09.41).
Third was Johannes Rabie in 43:35. Last year’s winner, Robbie Hunter, didn’t defend his title this year due to international commitments.
Track ace Nolan Hoffman, only recently back from the World Track Championships in Minsk, Belarus, failed to complete the race.
The women’s race was won by another Olympic athlete, Ashleigh Pasio being timed at 50:31. That was good for a 2min 09sec gap ahead of second-placed Lee-Zaan Hinrichsen with All African Games time trial champion Lise Olivier third.
Friday sees the staging of the team trial trial events.