- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
Olympians Daryl, Ashleigh take SA time trial titles
- Updated: March 1, 2013
London Olympian Daryl Impey won Thursday’s individual time trial at the national road cycling championships in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga.
Raced over 32.6 kilometres, Impey clocked 42min 53.46 seconds, to beat Jay Robert Thomson into second spot by 16sec (43:09.41).
Third was Johannes Rabie in 43:35. Last year’s winner, Robbie Hunter, didn’t defend his title this year due to international commitments.
Track ace Nolan Hoffman, only recently back from the World Track Championships in Minsk, Belarus, failed to complete the race.
The women’s race was won by another Olympic athlete, Ashleigh Pasio being timed at 50:31. That was good for a 2min 09sec gap ahead of second-placed Lee-Zaan Hinrichsen with All African Games time trial champion Lise Olivier third.
Friday sees the staging of the team trial trial events.