- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
Olympians Daryl, Ashleigh take SA time trial titles
- Updated: March 1, 2013
London Olympian Daryl Impey won Thursday’s individual time trial at the national road cycling championships in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga.
Raced over 32.6 kilometres, Impey clocked 42min 53.46 seconds, to beat Jay Robert Thomson into second spot by 16sec (43:09.41).
Third was Johannes Rabie in 43:35. Last year’s winner, Robbie Hunter, didn’t defend his title this year due to international commitments.
Track ace Nolan Hoffman, only recently back from the World Track Championships in Minsk, Belarus, failed to complete the race.
The women’s race was won by another Olympic athlete, Ashleigh Pasio being timed at 50:31. That was good for a 2min 09sec gap ahead of second-placed Lee-Zaan Hinrichsen with All African Games time trial champion Lise Olivier third.
Friday sees the staging of the team trial trial events.