- SA women hit Chile for six but men are edged by Ireland
- Grainger takes over Davis Cup coaching role for SA
- Captain Madisha sets up historic Amajita victory
- Birkett and Adie race to successful Drak Challenge title defences
- First contintental champs since 2001 are a huge success
- SA men fight back for a draw but women go down at Hartleyvale
- Grace wins Qatar Masters for second win in four starts
- SA fight back to hold Belgium to 3-3 draw
- Andy and Abby dominate Drak Challenge
- Du Plessis helps SA to draw against Belgium
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.