- Battered Buys puts pain aside to stay on track for Rio Olympics
- Ethiopian speedsters to take on SA’s finest in Cape Town
- Brown admits to Blitzboks’ pressure ahead of Scotland
- Van Zyl in Manchester and misses SA Open Champs
- Dazel turns to individual skills for last two legs of women’s sevens series
- Aerobic trio get top 10 finish at World Cup event
- Olympian Roberts runs her eye over SA’s women at WTS event
- National women’s indoor side tackle Namibia
- SA’s top netball regions ready for more brutal action
- Broken wrist but Dodd still gets the job done at NAG Series
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.