- Hasty Hayes has unfinished business after another African sprint record
- Straight-shooting Van Kradenburg keeps on nailing the big scores
- Smith moves up into third round Down Under
- Paralympics star Ilse dashes to new African 200m record
- SA team gain great experience at Para-cycling track championships
- South African Olympic couple expecting their first child in September
- Anaso aces 200m at Texas Relays… but tailwind is too strong
- Best placed SA woman … Conrad takes confidence from Chinese run
- Tristen helps SA battle back to seventh spot in Argentine
- Du Preez gets nod to join Blitzboks in Japan
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.