- More gold for Le Clos while Schoenmaker secures bronze
- SA riders make history at World Equestrian Games
- New-look Proteas side ready for Namibian action
- Sanders seals season with sixth spot in Turkey
- UJ bring UWC’s Champions Cup reign to an end
- Gold for Le Clos, bronze for Shankland, Schoenmaker in Hong Kong
- Youth Olympian Rawlins rates new Giba Gorge track tops
- New best time for Kalmer in Berlin, Phalula sixth in Utrecht
- Impey rides to 16th for SA at World Championships
- McGregor teams up with Mocke to make canoeing history
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.