- Janse van Rensburg, Pasio scoop Unite4Mandela cycle honours
- SA blackball players strike gold at world championships
- Marathon superstars inspire SA communities
- Young judoka players out to grab Region 5 medals
- Key national MTB dates for 2015 season announced
- Watch this video to learn about the Unite4Mandela Challenge
- IOC unveils list of 40 new proposals
- Sanders upbeat about SA triathlon but says funding will be vital
- Sithole, Montjane set off for Wheelchair Masters
- SA fighters bring back three bronze medals from African Open
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.