- Khwela fronts up to the challenge of Non-Stop Dusi
- Blitzbok women drawn with front-runners New Zealand in Atlanta
- Amajimbos roar into African Youth Championships final
- Olympic rower pulls out all the stops to beat cancer
- Maliekal wins Uganda International title for SA
- Amajimbos look to maintain momentum against Nigeria
- Two SA teams will do duty in African Qualification tennis tournament
- Yet another victory for Paralympian Van Dyk
- Coach Ntseki on the Amajimbos’ Championships march
- SA’s Klaasen makes another doubles final in the US
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.