- Flying Fredericks helps SA beat 2010 Games tally
- SA undone by ‘terrible start’ as India reach semi-finals
- Bowls trips make it gold medal No 10 for Team SA
- Athletes add four medals to Team SA tally
- Job done as South Africa earn right to take on Australia
- Triumphant swimmers ‘have done South Africa proud’
- Happiness for Hogan and Fredericks … but not for Van Zyl
- How Team SA fared: Day seven
- Le Clos in seventh heaven after Commonwealth frenzy
- Van Niekerk safely through to 400m final
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.