- The President’s Voice – Gideon Sam
- Simons leads by two in Cape Town after second round 69
- Impey impresses with a fifth national TT title in KZN
- Harding heads the field in first round of Tshwane Open
- SA’s powerhouse women’s team off to world championships
- Maripa moves into quarter-finals in Rotterdam
- How to follow all the Winter Youth Olympic Games news
- Amateur Samu sets the pace at CT Ladies Open
- Moolman-Pasio out ill as Venter swoops to take national TT title
- Boardman, Haig overcome addictions to make it 1-2 at Kyalami
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.