- Dolly on SA’s do-or-die Olympic qualifier against Zambia
- Schwartzel makes history with Alfred Dunhill victory
- Birkett and Kime are kings of the Ozzie Gladwin
- Williams and Pace slug it out to share first day honours in SA Women’s Open
- Rising SA stars, Bregman and Strauss head for the US
- SA’s Olympic hopefuls have it all to do after Senegal defeat
- Schwartzel digs deep to hold lead at Leopard Creek
- Dusi contenders gear up at Gladwin Marathon
- Basson’s birdie blitz sees him leading at Leopard Creek
- SA men’s indoor side named to take on All Stars
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.