- Cummins carries over her good form in Student Games final
- Els and Mohlamonyane come out tops in Soweto
- MTN-Qhubeka riders live to ride another day after huge TDF crash
- Women’s side lose final pool game at Student Games
- SA’s world champions battle to second spot at Henley
- Cummins gives SA reason to cheer at World Student Games
- Klaasen through to third round of mixed doubles at Wimbledon
- MTN-Qhubeka 10th after two stages of TDF
- Bruintjies blasts to new SA 100m sprint record
- SA footballers beat Ukraine at World Student Games
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.