- Johnson and Verdi end 2014 on a high note
- Dutch and Czech teams seal volleyball victories in Mangaung
- Blitzboks top standings after another Cup win
- Team SA end Region 5 Games campaign in style
- Unbeaten Blitzboks take on England in Cup quarters
- Swimmers wind up Games campaign after winning 57 medals
- Athletes win six more medals for SA as Games wind down
- More medals roll in for SA from swimming, athletics at Games
- All the latest from the FIVB Mangaung Open
- Six of the best as football girls grab Games gold for SA
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.