- Alani aces four Paralympic times as she eyes Rio spot
- Southern Gauteng men and women book final spots
- Disabled golfers show media just how tough the going is
- Youth Olympian McClatchie back on the winning trail
- Athletics SA and SRSA reach agreement after EPG report
- SA swim trio in Rio Test event action
- Slabbert’s up against it as he defends his Open title
- Double medal success for SA rowers in Italy
- Three from three as Southern Gauteng sides ease through
- Van Zyl overcomes cramps to be first in line for Olympic marathon
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.