- SA water polo women put up brave fight against Greece
- SA off to solid start at UCI para-cycling road World Champs
- Nel looks to celebrate with a solid showing in Sweden
- SA para-cycling team in World Championships action
- Weber switches focus to team event at world championships
- SA water polo side put their hands up against mighty Hungarians
- Weber also ends 19th in open water 10km at FINA World Champs
- Proteas wilt against powerful Silver Ferns in second Test
- SA judoka grab gold and bronze at African Champs
- Ruby nets again as SA waterpolo side are downed by Australia
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.