- Mundell 33rd in 50km walk as sprint relay dreams shattered
- It’s a repeat of 2014 nationals as North West take on Gauteng
- SA wheelchair basketballers bulldoze NZ Roller Blacks
- S Gauteng and WP contest IPT women’s final
- Viljoen into javelin final with just one big throw in Beijing
- SA’s Piontek must put friendship aside at World Championships
- SA’s top rowers are in France, pulling for places in next year’s Olympics
- Tough day at national champs but Gauteng and Free State set for semis
- WP put four past SG Wits as Free State surprise champion Blues
- Jobodwana blitzes to bronze in the 200m to take SA’s medal tally to two in China
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.