- Murray’s great memories of the Games linger on
- Sanders tastes maiden World Cup success in Salinas
- Paralympic gold medallist adds another silver medal to his collection
- Woolf’s ninth spot is SA’s best finisher at World Juniors
- Star trio carry SA’s hopes at Azores showdown
- SA women’s sevens side end third at Hokkaido tournament
- Three-time Olympian Hartley fishes for new challenges
- Southern Cape seal SA Inter-Provincial title
- Olympic bronze medallists in Pool B for season opener
- SA youngsters on the rise at World Juniors
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.