- Olympian Buys leads six-strong SA side for MTB World Champs
- Dodd leads the chase in Colombia as SA racers line up at world championships
- M4 crew’s Swiss success means SA have five boats qualified for Rio
- SA duo of Simon and Van Zyl book their spots at US Open
- Wostmann can run her way to more SA running records at Comrades
- Junior wheelchair stars down Russia in Japan
- Johnson and Lord Louis ride to two first places in Europe
- Hanekom hoping to be part of hurdles final action in Rio
- Hartley will dig deep after ‘disappointing’ World Cup weekend
- Tough going for SA riders at Albstadt World Cup
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.