- Blitzboks join in Springbok Experience celebrations
- Young Benson slips up at World Champs in Spain
- Paralympian Johnson in the prize money in Belgium
- Amajimbos head north on key qualifying campaign
- Olympian De Groot coasts to another title
- Kenyan Kibor takes honours in CT Marathon
- SA lifesavers strike gold in France
- World’s stars hit the road in Cape Town
- IPC Athletics World Championships now a month earlier
- Smith wins Hurley Pro in California to move up rankings
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.