- Flood of global tributes for Mbulaeni Mulaudzi
- SA’s top walkers make big strides towards Beijing
- Catch SA’s stars in action at national and continental championships
- Ruhan has his sights set on World Championships
- SA’s elite BMX riders chase UCI points for Rio 2016
- Banyana must beat Cote d’Ivoire to earn World Cup slot
- Ryle the star of South Africa at Rescue 2014
- Jordaan urges Banyana to do the nation proud in Namibia
- Smith surfs to runners-up spot in Portugal
- Olympic cyclists drop back as Pioneer wraps up
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.