- Klaasen and Butorac win second title of 2014
- SA’s Optimist team upbeat ahead of World Championship
- Schoeman scorches to World Cup gold in Korea
- Pace wins play-off to make it a home-town victory at SA Open
- Modise milestone sees Banyana into semi-finals
- Do or die match for Banyana in Namibia
- SA netballers square series by downing Aussies
- Olympian Buys battles back in Cape Pioneer Trek
- Van Wyk, Delport hit world record partnership
- SA women’s indoor side named for Canada
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.