- TDF ace Meintjes is on the move as Rio beckons
- Banyana look for a jump-start to Olympic campaign
- Team SA’s sisters of success at Rio Olympics
- Moerane says SA are ready to perform on biggest platform
- SA coaching combo completes an Olympic circle
- Van Zyl upbeat ahead of upcoming Rio Olympics
- KG captures doubles title ahead of Rio Paralympics
- Leotlela warms up for Olympics with a silver medal in Poland
- Team SA start moving into Athletes’ Village at Rio Olympics
- Wayde, Zanele named as SA flagbearers at Rio send-off
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.