- SA riders ready to roll at XCO World Championships
- Seeds sweep into the next round at Soweto Open
- SA’s Smith and De Vries into last 24 at Ballito Pro
- Shot-stopper Barker snapped up by top Dutch club
- Finnish triumph for hurdler Hamman as Fredericks still hunts Rio spot
- SA’s Pace the latest ace to say no to Olympic opportunity
- SA U23 side’s Olympic preparations jolted by Japan
- Busy Piontek putting final preparations into place
- Continental swimming honours for Hill
- Janse van Rensburg flies SA flag for Africa’s team at Tour de France
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.