- Mom Irvette hits the road again after birth of young Louis
- Sailors swop wheelchairs for sailing boats at disabled clinic
- ‘Fisher King’ teams ups with rising star Siseko at SA Champs
- Murray caps a memorable year with victory in Mexico
- Keeling and Ward win surfski gold for SA in Tahiti
- Pollution wipes out day one but Van der Burgh emerges victorious on day two
- Cape Town Surfriders seal SA Junior Champs vicotry
- BMX aces firmly focused on road to Rio
- Elkington executes perfect 10-pointer at Jeffreys
- Seymour rides her way to possible Rio berth
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.