- Pienaar at the helm of SA sevens side in Dubai
- Coppinger captures career-best tournament result in Doha
- Pasio pedals her way to leading sporting award
- Sevens Academy squad named for Harare, Dubai
- Sithole, Montjane meet the Mayor ahead of Masters
- Golden victory for Verdi and Johnson
- Silver for Hoffman, copper for SA in China
- Netballers out to defend regional title in Zimbabwe
- Mascots unveiled for 2016 Olympics and Paralympics
- Tennis youngsters courting success at Region 5 Games
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.