- Rampant Van Rooyen makes his point at Green Point
- Cronje and other SA aces in Hengelo athletics action
- Hartley fades in final but there’s more SA action on Sunday
- Grain grabs two tries but Lady Blitzboks lose twice
- Jermaine’s double jolts Gabon as Banyana win 3-2
- Hartley cruises into World Cup K1 500m final in Duisburg
- Lady Blitzboks fight back for draw against Fiji
- Top students to fight it out for triathlon honours in France
- Jobodwana knew he was on track for SA record
- SA para-rowers grab gold and silver in Gavirate regatta
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.