- South Africa remembers fallen sports trio
- Brand and Grant keep SA in contention at World Games
- Chad chasing down overall World Cup title
- South Africa take on Turkey in Davis Cup action
- SA trio in golden form in Tokyo World Cup
- Brand makes sure SA team stay in contention in Peru
- Pretorius and Co set records aplenty at nationals
- Lightfoot, Slattery power through in Portugal
- In-form Pace swings to her second title in 10 days
- February to the fore for SA in Peru
SASCOC statement from President Gideon Sam and CEO Tubby Reddy on Oscar Pistorius alleged shooting
- Updated: February 14, 2013
The leadership at SASCOC has been inundated with enquiries regarding an alleged shooting incident involving Team South Africa Olympian and Paralympian Oscar Pistorius and his girlfriend.
SASCOC, like the rest of the public, knows no more than what is in the public domain, which is that there has been an alleged fatal shooting on the basis of a mistaken identity and an apparent assumption of a burglary.
The organisation is in no position to comment on the incident other than to say our deepest sympathy and condolences have been expressed to the families of all concerned.
There is a police investigation, as is customary with any shooting incident, and it would be irresponsible and inappropriate to comment on the alleged incident until the official investigative process has been completed.
Our thoughts are with the respective families at this time.