- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Road to Rio 2016 TV updates
- Updated: January 31, 2013
The first episode of South Africa’s premier Olympic and Paralympic television programme, Road to Rio 2016, is currently being flighted on SuperSport’s DStv channels.
Providing a wealth of information on the Olympic and Paralympic codes, the 30-minute show is run until 7 February.
Thursday’s show is on SS6 at 12.30pm and the final viewing will be on 7 February at 5.30am (full schedule below).
In the show SASCOC President Gideon Sam takes us through the plan for the next quadrennial since being re-elected as President late last year.
Then our Olympic sailing team, comprising Asenathi Jim and Roger Hudson, reflect on the London Olympics and we get to know them more about them when they’re not out on the water.
Prosthesist Johan Snyders gives us a little insight into the world of prosthetic limbs and how each athlete’s individual requirements affect the moulding of the limb. Finally,
sprinter Samkelo Radebe takes us through the gold medal-winning 4×100-metre relay event at the Paralympic games and we also get to know his feelings about training towards the Rio Games.
31 January 12.30pm (SS6 and 1pm on SHD)
1 Feb 10.30pm (SS6 and 1.30pm on SHD4)
2 Feb 7.30am (SS6)
4 Feb 6.30pm (SS6)
7 Feb 5.30am (SS6