- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
Road to Rio 2016 TV updates
- Updated: January 31, 2013
The first episode of South Africa’s premier Olympic and Paralympic television programme, Road to Rio 2016, is currently being flighted on SuperSport’s DStv channels.
Providing a wealth of information on the Olympic and Paralympic codes, the 30-minute show is run until 7 February.
Thursday’s show is on SS6 at 12.30pm and the final viewing will be on 7 February at 5.30am (full schedule below).
In the show SASCOC President Gideon Sam takes us through the plan for the next quadrennial since being re-elected as President late last year.
Then our Olympic sailing team, comprising Asenathi Jim and Roger Hudson, reflect on the London Olympics and we get to know them more about them when they’re not out on the water.
Prosthesist Johan Snyders gives us a little insight into the world of prosthetic limbs and how each athlete’s individual requirements affect the moulding of the limb. Finally,
sprinter Samkelo Radebe takes us through the gold medal-winning 4×100-metre relay event at the Paralympic games and we also get to know his feelings about training towards the Rio Games.
31 January 12.30pm (SS6 and 1pm on SHD)
1 Feb 10.30pm (SS6 and 1.30pm on SHD4)
2 Feb 7.30am (SS6)
4 Feb 6.30pm (SS6)
7 Feb 5.30am (SS6