- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
Road to Rio 2016 TV updates
- Updated: January 31, 2013
The first episode of South Africa’s premier Olympic and Paralympic television programme, Road to Rio 2016, is currently being flighted on SuperSport’s DStv channels.
Providing a wealth of information on the Olympic and Paralympic codes, the 30-minute show is run until 7 February.
Thursday’s show is on SS6 at 12.30pm and the final viewing will be on 7 February at 5.30am (full schedule below).
In the show SASCOC President Gideon Sam takes us through the plan for the next quadrennial since being re-elected as President late last year.
Then our Olympic sailing team, comprising Asenathi Jim and Roger Hudson, reflect on the London Olympics and we get to know them more about them when they’re not out on the water.
Prosthesist Johan Snyders gives us a little insight into the world of prosthetic limbs and how each athlete’s individual requirements affect the moulding of the limb. Finally,
sprinter Samkelo Radebe takes us through the gold medal-winning 4×100-metre relay event at the Paralympic games and we also get to know his feelings about training towards the Rio Games.
31 January 12.30pm (SS6 and 1pm on SHD)
1 Feb 10.30pm (SS6 and 1.30pm on SHD4)
2 Feb 7.30am (SS6)
4 Feb 6.30pm (SS6)
7 Feb 5.30am (SS6