- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
Young powerhouses in Africa Championship action
- Updated: November 20, 2012
A six-strong South African weightlifting team will be competing in northern Africa this week.
The occasion is the Africa youth and junior Championships in Tunis, Tunisia.
The team, coached by Aveenash Pandoo who was part of the 2012 SA Olympic squad in London, left on Sunday and return next Monday.
The team of lifters is as follows:
Matshidiso Masiu, Denver Israel,┬áJohn Ramela, Mninikhaya Ngwele, Jaco Holtzhausen and Gordon Shaw.
Aveenash Pandoo (coach), Khati Mabuya (assistant coach), Neville Swart┬áand Gardencia du Plooy (technical officials.)