- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Young powerhouses in Africa Championship action
- Updated: November 20, 2012
A six-strong South African weightlifting team will be competing in northern Africa this week.
The occasion is the Africa youth and junior Championships in Tunis, Tunisia.
The team, coached by Aveenash Pandoo who was part of the 2012 SA Olympic squad in London, left on Sunday and return next Monday.
The team of lifters is as follows:
Matshidiso Masiu, Denver Israel,┬áJohn Ramela, Mninikhaya Ngwele, Jaco Holtzhausen and Gordon Shaw.
Aveenash Pandoo (coach), Khati Mabuya (assistant coach), Neville Swart┬áand Gardencia du Plooy (technical officials.)