- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Townsend takes another two World Cup medals
- Updated: November 4, 2012
London Olympian Darian Townsend won two medals on the second day of the Beijing leg of the Fina Short Course World Cup series on Saturday.
The United States based Townsend made up for the disappointment from the first day when he fell short of a podium spot in the 100-metre freestyle.
Sapa reports that the three-time Olympian raced to victory in the 200m individual medley in a time of one minute 54.25 seconds (1:54.25).
He narrowly out-touched Wang Shun of China, who clocked a time of 1:54.36 with Australia’s Kenneth To finishing third in a time of 1:54.65.
Earlier, Townsend finished second, along with Australia’s Robert Hurley in the 200m freestyle with matching times of 1:43.50.
The duo were beaten to the wall by Tomasso D’Orsogna of Australia with a time of 1:43.20.