- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Townsend takes another two World Cup medals
- Updated: November 4, 2012
London Olympian Darian Townsend won two medals on the second day of the Beijing leg of the Fina Short Course World Cup series on Saturday.
The United States based Townsend made up for the disappointment from the first day when he fell short of a podium spot in the 100-metre freestyle.
Sapa reports that the three-time Olympian raced to victory in the 200m individual medley in a time of one minute 54.25 seconds (1:54.25).
He narrowly out-touched Wang Shun of China, who clocked a time of 1:54.36 with Australia’s Kenneth To finishing third in a time of 1:54.65.
Earlier, Townsend finished second, along with Australia’s Robert Hurley in the 200m freestyle with matching times of 1:43.50.
The duo were beaten to the wall by Tomasso D’Orsogna of Australia with a time of 1:43.20.