- Pace bounces back with strong finish in Thailand
- Blitzboks take it easy before Las Vegas Sevens
- Maripa bags first title of the year in Bolton
- England wrap up Summer Series with 2-0 win against SA
- Five more Meet records at SA Grand Prix
- Fichardt nails 15th Sunshine Tour win at Joburg Open
- SA duo struggle at Tokyo Marathon
- Le Clos leads the way at SA Grand Prix in Stellenbosch
- SA women lead but go down to England in Summer Series
- Rain delay shortens Joburg Open still further
Townsend takes another two World Cup medals
- Updated: November 4, 2012
London Olympian Darian Townsend won two medals on the second day of the Beijing leg of the Fina Short Course World Cup series on Saturday.
The United States based Townsend made up for the disappointment from the first day when he fell short of a podium spot in the 100-metre freestyle.
Sapa reports that the three-time Olympian raced to victory in the 200m individual medley in a time of one minute 54.25 seconds (1:54.25).
He narrowly out-touched Wang Shun of China, who clocked a time of 1:54.36 with Australia’s Kenneth To finishing third in a time of 1:54.65.
Earlier, Townsend finished second, along with Australia’s Robert Hurley in the 200m freestyle with matching times of 1:43.50.
The duo were beaten to the wall by Tomasso D’Orsogna of Australia with a time of 1:43.20.