- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
Townsend takes another two World Cup medals
- Updated: November 4, 2012
London Olympian Darian Townsend won two medals on the second day of the Beijing leg of the Fina Short Course World Cup series on Saturday.
The United States based Townsend made up for the disappointment from the first day when he fell short of a podium spot in the 100-metre freestyle.
Sapa reports that the three-time Olympian raced to victory in the 200m individual medley in a time of one minute 54.25 seconds (1:54.25).
He narrowly out-touched Wang Shun of China, who clocked a time of 1:54.36 with Australia’s Kenneth To finishing third in a time of 1:54.65.
Earlier, Townsend finished second, along with Australia’s Robert Hurley in the 200m freestyle with matching times of 1:43.50.
The duo were beaten to the wall by Tomasso D’Orsogna of Australia with a time of 1:43.20.