- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Townsend takes another two World Cup medals
- Updated: November 4, 2012
London Olympian Darian Townsend won two medals on the second day of the Beijing leg of the Fina Short Course World Cup series on Saturday.
The United States based Townsend made up for the disappointment from the first day when he fell short of a podium spot in the 100-metre freestyle.
Sapa reports that the three-time Olympian raced to victory in the 200m individual medley in a time of one minute 54.25 seconds (1:54.25).
He narrowly out-touched Wang Shun of China, who clocked a time of 1:54.36 with Australia’s Kenneth To finishing third in a time of 1:54.65.
Earlier, Townsend finished second, along with Australia’s Robert Hurley in the 200m freestyle with matching times of 1:43.50.
The duo were beaten to the wall by Tomasso D’Orsogna of Australia with a time of 1:43.20.