- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
SASCOC announce election candidates
- Updated: October 31, 2012
Olympic governing body and Sports Confederation, SASCOC on Wednesday revealed the names of candidates for the 2012 quadrennial elections scheduled for next month.
The elections to fill various positions for the next four year-cycle will be held at SASCOC’s Quadrennial General Meeting at Olympic House in Johannesburg on Saturday, 24 November.
The position of SASCOC President will be contested by the incumbent President, Mr Gideon Sam and he will be opposed by Dr Irvin Khoza.
Two vice-presidents will also be elected at the QGM. Nine names have been submitted for this position. They are Hajera Kajee (currently First Vice-president), Mark Alexander, Les Williams (currently Second Vice-President), Kirsten Nematandani, Irvin Khoza, Wimpie du Plessis, Colin Webster, Jace Naidoo and Kobus Marais.
Finally a total of 25 names have been submitted for the five vacant SASCOC Board positions.
These are: Anthea Harms, Wimpie du Plessis, Kirsten Nematandani, Elise du Rand, Mubarak Mahomed, Nomsa Mahlangu, Mami Diale, Les Williams, Hajera Kajee, Keikabile Motlatsi, Jeremiah Segwaba, Mark Alexander, Temba Hlasho, Merrill King, Kaya Majeke, Selwyn Nathan, Moeki Grobbelaar, Kobus Marais, Colin Webster, Jace Naidoo, Timothy Noakes, Ilhaam Groenewald, Goliath Munro, Ernst van Dyk and James Letuka.