- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
- First IGT Tour win for Arnoldi at Centurion
- SA wheelchair tennis rocked by tragedy
SASCOC announce election candidates
- Updated: October 31, 2012
Olympic governing body and Sports Confederation, SASCOC on Wednesday revealed the names of candidates for the 2012 quadrennial elections scheduled for next month.
The elections to fill various positions for the next four year-cycle will be held at SASCOC’s Quadrennial General Meeting at Olympic House in Johannesburg on Saturday, 24 November.
The position of SASCOC President will be contested by the incumbent President, Mr Gideon Sam and he will be opposed by Dr Irvin Khoza.
Two vice-presidents will also be elected at the QGM. Nine names have been submitted for this position. They are Hajera Kajee (currently First Vice-president), Mark Alexander, Les Williams (currently Second Vice-President), Kirsten Nematandani, Irvin Khoza, Wimpie du Plessis, Colin Webster, Jace Naidoo and Kobus Marais.
Finally a total of 25 names have been submitted for the five vacant SASCOC Board positions.
These are: Anthea Harms, Wimpie du Plessis, Kirsten Nematandani, Elise du Rand, Mubarak Mahomed, Nomsa Mahlangu, Mami Diale, Les Williams, Hajera Kajee, Keikabile Motlatsi, Jeremiah Segwaba, Mark Alexander, Temba Hlasho, Merrill King, Kaya Majeke, Selwyn Nathan, Moeki Grobbelaar, Kobus Marais, Colin Webster, Jace Naidoo, Timothy Noakes, Ilhaam Groenewald, Goliath Munro, Ernst van Dyk and James Letuka.