- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
SA players shine in Cameroon
- Updated: October 17, 2012
Our young badminton players made history in Cameroon recently when they were the first nation to successfully defend the title as well as retain the team gold medal at the Under-15 All Africa Continental Cup.
It was also the first time that South Africa won more than one told medal in the individual Continental Championships, played in Yaound├® this year.
On the final day of competition, South Africa took gold in the girls’ singles (courtesy of Graticia Roberts) and doubles.
South Africa won 11 of the 15 medals available in the individual championships
Player of the tournament was Sedibeng’s Roberts who took gold in the singles, doubles and also a silver in the mixed doubles.
Meanwhile there was more joy for Sedibeng when Bongani van Bodenstein won the men’s title of the SA Under-17 championships in Durban. The women’s singles went to Free State’s Janke van der Vyver.