- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
SA players shine in Cameroon
- Updated: October 17, 2012
Our young badminton players made history in Cameroon recently when they were the first nation to successfully defend the title as well as retain the team gold medal at the Under-15 All Africa Continental Cup.
It was also the first time that South Africa won more than one told medal in the individual Continental Championships, played in Yaound├® this year.
On the final day of competition, South Africa took gold in the girls’ singles (courtesy of Graticia Roberts) and doubles.
South Africa won 11 of the 15 medals available in the individual championships
Player of the tournament was Sedibeng’s Roberts who took gold in the singles, doubles and also a silver in the mixed doubles.
Meanwhile there was more joy for Sedibeng when Bongani van Bodenstein won the men’s title of the SA Under-17 championships in Durban. The women’s singles went to Free State’s Janke van der Vyver.