- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
SA players shine in Cameroon
- Updated: October 17, 2012
Our young badminton players made history in Cameroon recently when they were the first nation to successfully defend the title as well as retain the team gold medal at the Under-15 All Africa Continental Cup.
It was also the first time that South Africa won more than one told medal in the individual Continental Championships, played in Yaound├® this year.
On the final day of competition, South Africa took gold in the girls’ singles (courtesy of Graticia Roberts) and doubles.
South Africa won 11 of the 15 medals available in the individual championships
Player of the tournament was Sedibeng’s Roberts who took gold in the singles, doubles and also a silver in the mixed doubles.
Meanwhile there was more joy for Sedibeng when Bongani van Bodenstein won the men’s title of the SA Under-17 championships in Durban. The women’s singles went to Free State’s Janke van der Vyver.