- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
Johnson and Lord Louis end season with victory
- Updated: October 9, 2012
London Paralympian Philippa Johnson has wrapped up her summer equestrian season on a winning note, writes Mark Etheridge.
Belgian based Johnson failed to medal at the 2012 Paralympics but won two gold medals at the previous Olympics in Beijing, China four years ago.
Johnson was taking part in the CDR Vliermaalroot competition in Belgium.
“Yesterday was our last competition of the summer season and I can’t believe winter is just round the corner ÔÇô it feels like just the other day I put all the blankets away!”
Johnson has two competition horses, namely Verdi and Lord Louis, and it was the latter who was in action this time out.
“It was the turn of Lord Louis to have an outing he went really well, we have been concentrating a lot on basics this week and our work truly paid off.
“He won the L6 class with 68.18% out of eight horses.
“The horse in second place scored 65% so it was a good win and a fantastic way to finish our summer season,” concluded Johnson.