- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
Johnson and Lord Louis end season with victory
- Updated: October 9, 2012
London Paralympian Philippa Johnson has wrapped up her summer equestrian season on a winning note, writes Mark Etheridge.
Belgian based Johnson failed to medal at the 2012 Paralympics but won two gold medals at the previous Olympics in Beijing, China four years ago.
Johnson was taking part in the CDR Vliermaalroot competition in Belgium.
“Yesterday was our last competition of the summer season and I can’t believe winter is just round the corner ÔÇô it feels like just the other day I put all the blankets away!”
Johnson has two competition horses, namely Verdi and Lord Louis, and it was the latter who was in action this time out.
“It was the turn of Lord Louis to have an outing he went really well, we have been concentrating a lot on basics this week and our work truly paid off.
“He won the L6 class with 68.18% out of eight horses.
“The horse in second place scored 65% so it was a good win and a fantastic way to finish our summer season,” concluded Johnson.