- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
Double delight in Kuwait for Roelofse
- Updated: October 8, 2012
South African youngster Ruan Roelofse had a successful two weeks in Kuwait playing at the ITF F2 and F3 Futures tennis tournaments.
His first week saw the Capetonian getting to the semi-finals in the singles where he was ousted by Ti Chen from Taipei 6-7 (7) 6-2 6-4.
Seeded first in the doubles competition, Roelofste and Kuwaiti partner Adbullah Maqdas lifted the trophy after defeating the French duo C Reix and R Sichez 6-4 6-4. Roelofse will celebrate his 23rd birthday next month.
His second week progressed in similar vein where, seeded third, he was once again defeated in the singles semi-final in a hard fought battle against Frenchman L Malouli 7-6(8) 7-5.
Playing with a different partner ÔÇô Lewis Burton from Great Britain, but again seeded No1, he took the doubles title for a second time by defeating yet another French pair, fourth seeds J Marie and R Sichez 6-4 6-2.