Can you appoint someone who is passionate about SOFTBALL and is willing and able to take this sport to the highest, highest level!! There are just so many talented youths out here - and absolutely ZERO recognition or appreciation is given to them! Very disappointing and sad indeed!!
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
Sascoc congratulate Kajee
- Updated: October 3, 2012
SASCOC congratulate First Vice-President Hajera Kajee on her appointment as Chair of the National Lotto Distribution Agency.
Kajee, in her new position, will work closely with the National Lotteries Board (NLB), which is a prominent role player in the South African funding arena, especially in sports.
Several national and domestic sport teams are financially supported by the NLB.
‘We very happy for Hajera, who continues to play a big role in South African sport,’ says SASCOC CEO Tubby Reddy. ‘The National Lotteries Board is one of SASCOC’s most loyal and biggest sponsor. We hope this appointment will strengthen the partnership, which continues to revolutionise sport at all levels across the country.
‘We need to meet shortly with the members of the NLB Distribution Agency in order to present our plans for the Road to Rio 2016, as well as all the other facets that make up the complete mandate of SASCOC.’
Kajee is also the vice-president of the South African Table Tennis Board and drives SASCOC’s Gender Equity Commission.
SASCOC also passes on its wishes to Dr Harold Adams as he was named the Vice Chair of the National Lotto Distribution Agency.
Adams is a former ASA team doctor, who has worked closely with SASCOC for many years. He has also worked on the IAAF Medical and Anti-Doping Commission.
Both appointments were made by Minister of Trade and Industry Rob Davies.