That's a real pity! I hope she recovers soon. Now when are you going to inform the IPC/LOCOG that they have her name wrong? They call her Johanna Pretorius. The same goes for Charl Bouwer - they call him Charles. It's all over the tv subtitles, commentators and even official announcements and staduim/venue display screens all use the incorrect names! Don't you people care enough about our heroes that you let the whole world get their names wrong?
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Team SA Paralympic athlete withdrawn from final
- Updated: September 7, 2012
Anike Pretorius sustained an injury to her back on Thursday night during the 100m T13 final and after an assessment by Dr Wayne Derman, Chief Medical Officer for Team SA, it was decided in the interest of the athlete’s health to withdraw her from the women’s long jump F13 final on Friday evening.