That's a real pity! I hope she recovers soon. Now when are you going to inform the IPC/LOCOG that they have her name wrong? They call her Johanna Pretorius. The same goes for Charl Bouwer - they call him Charles. It's all over the tv subtitles, commentators and even official announcements and staduim/venue display screens all use the incorrect names! Don't you people care enough about our heroes that you let the whole world get their names wrong?
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
Team SA Paralympic athlete withdrawn from final
- Updated: September 7, 2012
Anike Pretorius sustained an injury to her back on Thursday night during the 100m T13 final and after an assessment by Dr Wayne Derman, Chief Medical Officer for Team SA, it was decided in the interest of the athlete’s health to withdraw her from the women’s long jump F13 final on Friday evening.