- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Johnson fine-tunes for 2012 Paralympics
- Updated: August 15, 2012
Our triumphant 2012 Olympians mostly back home and reflecting on a successful Games, the focus now switches to the Paralympics in London later this month, writes Mark Etheridge.
Certainly, double 2008 gold medallist Philippa Johnson is on track for London and her and her trust mount are hard at work for equestrian excellence.
She won while riding Benedict who has since retired and only recently made the difficult choice of rides for the Paralympics.
She opted for Lord Louis over Verdi and the two rode their last tune-up event before London.
“Yesterday we had our last competition before leaving for London. We competed at the CDR Vliermaalroot (able bodied),” Johnson told Road to London 2012 from Belgium.
“Again we rode in incredibly deep going but luckily after last weekend I had a better feel of how to ride Lord Louis in going like this.
“I was very pleased with how he went, we finished second out of 14 horses in the L7 with 71,61%!”