- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
Johnson fine-tunes for 2012 Paralympics
- Updated: August 15, 2012
Our triumphant 2012 Olympians mostly back home and reflecting on a successful Games, the focus now switches to the Paralympics in London later this month, writes Mark Etheridge.
Certainly, double 2008 gold medallist Philippa Johnson is on track for London and her and her trust mount are hard at work for equestrian excellence.
She won while riding Benedict who has since retired and only recently made the difficult choice of rides for the Paralympics.
She opted for Lord Louis over Verdi and the two rode their last tune-up event before London.
“Yesterday we had our last competition before leaving for London. We competed at the CDR Vliermaalroot (able bodied),” Johnson told Road to London 2012 from Belgium.
“Again we rode in incredibly deep going but luckily after last weekend I had a better feel of how to ride Lord Louis in going like this.
“I was very pleased with how he went, we finished second out of 14 horses in the L7 with 71,61%!”