- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
How SA fared at a glance (Monday, 6 August)
- Updated: August 6, 2012
Results featuring South Africans in action at the Olympics in London on Monday were:
Men’s 800m, Preliminary rounds: Andre Olivier, Heat Seven (lane six)
- Olivier finished third in his heat in 1min 46.42sec and qualified comfortably for the semi-finals.
Women’s Preliminary round, Group B: South Africa vs United States
- South Africa won 7-0 after leading 4-0 at half-time. Goals were scored by Tarryn Bright (2), Lesle-Ann George, Dirkie Chamberlain, Jen Wilson and Pietie Coetzee (2).
Men’s 470 class, Race 7: Asenathi Jim and Roger Hudson
- Jim and Hudson finished 13th, 2min 05min behind the winners, Great Britain, who covered the course in 58min 26sec.
Men’s 470 class, Race 8: Asenathi Jim and Roger Hudson
- Jim and Hudson finished 15th, 1min 37min behind the winners, Croatia, who covered the course in 57min 04sec.
- After eight races Jim and Hudson are placed 27th out of 27, with a net total points of 130. Leaders Australia have a net total of 11 points.