- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
Karen 46th after archery’s ranking round
- Updated: July 27, 2012
Team South Africa’s Karen Hultzer starts the 2012 Olympic Games archery competition proper with a ranking of 46th, writes Mark Etheridge.
That’s after the Cape Town archer took part in the ranking round at Lord’s Cricket Ground on Friday.
She shot a score of 631. This after a first half effort of 319 (that saw her sitting at 38th) but she dropped back after a second half effort of 312 (52nd best).
Sixty-four archers started the competition with Republic of Korea duo of Bo Bae Ki and Sung Jin Lee and Ya-Ting Tan of Taiwan all shooting 671 to lead the ranking round.
… more later