- SA five burn up the rinks in Europe
- Hamman changes tack and is rewarded with hurdles title
- Mansfield moves on to WP Amateur in confident mood
- February and McDougall take the spoils at Dairy
- Crinums go down again as Fireballs shine
- Hoffman celebrates birthday with Classic victory
- Matriculant Du Toit is joint leader at the Wanderers
- Queen’s Baton Relay gets ever closer to South Africa
- Luvo leaps to another SA record at championships
- Defending champ Telfer well aware of junior threat
Paul’s great preparation for 2012 Paralympics
- Updated: July 24, 2012
It may be the eve of the 2012 Olympic Games but Port Elizabeth’s Kevin Paul is already looking forward to the Paralympics next month, writes Mark Etheridge.
Swimmer Paul, a gold medallist at the Beijing Paralympics, is back in South Africa after a hugely successful 26th International Meisterchaften Championships in Berlin earlier this month.
“The rest of the team came home after the meeting but I stayed on in Italy for more training.
“I’m not really sure about everyone else’s results but I managed to come out of Berlin with five golds (50-metre, 100m and 200m breast, 200IM and the relay) and one bronze in the 400m free.
“I’m also not exactly sure about my times but they were good enough for me and my coach to be very happy with them.
“We trained straight through the meeting as well. Also managed to get a Qualifying Time (QT) in the 400m free. This gives me five events for London,” the likeable law student told Road to London 2012 on Tuesday.”