- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
Philippa places fifth
- Updated: July 6, 2012
Beijing Paralympics dressage double medallist, Philippa Johnson has ended fifth in another solid performance in Belgium,” writes Mark Etheridge.
Our equestrian ace swopped horses on this occasion and the competition was the CDN Dievenbeek.
“We were back at the horrible venue but this time for a national competition, so slightly better,” said Johnson.
“This time it was Verdi’s turn to have a day out. He did, for my feeling a lovely Prix St George test, everything was correct all the changes, pirouettes etc. If I was to pick one thing at times it could be slightly more active. Unfortunately the judges had different thoughts and we only scored 63,09% which was very disappointing, even Chris was very shocked that we had scored so low.
“We finished fifth out of 11 horses. We’ll try and do better next time!”