- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Philippa places fifth
- Updated: July 6, 2012
Beijing Paralympics dressage double medallist, Philippa Johnson has ended fifth in another solid performance in Belgium,” writes Mark Etheridge.
Our equestrian ace swopped horses on this occasion and the competition was the CDN Dievenbeek.
“We were back at the horrible venue but this time for a national competition, so slightly better,” said Johnson.
“This time it was Verdi’s turn to have a day out. He did, for my feeling a lovely Prix St George test, everything was correct all the changes, pirouettes etc. If I was to pick one thing at times it could be slightly more active. Unfortunately the judges had different thoughts and we only scored 63,09% which was very disappointing, even Chris was very shocked that we had scored so low.
“We finished fifth out of 11 horses. We’ll try and do better next time!”