- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
Philippa places fifth
- Updated: July 6, 2012
Beijing Paralympics dressage double medallist, Philippa Johnson has ended fifth in another solid performance in Belgium,” writes Mark Etheridge.
Our equestrian ace swopped horses on this occasion and the competition was the CDN Dievenbeek.
“We were back at the horrible venue but this time for a national competition, so slightly better,” said Johnson.
“This time it was Verdi’s turn to have a day out. He did, for my feeling a lovely Prix St George test, everything was correct all the changes, pirouettes etc. If I was to pick one thing at times it could be slightly more active. Unfortunately the judges had different thoughts and we only scored 63,09% which was very disappointing, even Chris was very shocked that we had scored so low.
“We finished fifth out of 11 horses. We’ll try and do better next time!”