- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
Philippa places fifth
- Updated: July 6, 2012
Beijing Paralympics dressage double medallist, Philippa Johnson has ended fifth in another solid performance in Belgium,” writes Mark Etheridge.
Our equestrian ace swopped horses on this occasion and the competition was the CDN Dievenbeek.
“We were back at the horrible venue but this time for a national competition, so slightly better,” said Johnson.
“This time it was Verdi’s turn to have a day out. He did, for my feeling a lovely Prix St George test, everything was correct all the changes, pirouettes etc. If I was to pick one thing at times it could be slightly more active. Unfortunately the judges had different thoughts and we only scored 63,09% which was very disappointing, even Chris was very shocked that we had scored so low.
“We finished fifth out of 11 horses. We’ll try and do better next time!”