- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
Philippa places fifth
- Updated: July 6, 2012
Beijing Paralympics dressage double medallist, Philippa Johnson has ended fifth in another solid performance in Belgium,” writes Mark Etheridge.
Our equestrian ace swopped horses on this occasion and the competition was the CDN Dievenbeek.
“We were back at the horrible venue but this time for a national competition, so slightly better,” said Johnson.
“This time it was Verdi’s turn to have a day out. He did, for my feeling a lovely Prix St George test, everything was correct all the changes, pirouettes etc. If I was to pick one thing at times it could be slightly more active. Unfortunately the judges had different thoughts and we only scored 63,09% which was very disappointing, even Chris was very shocked that we had scored so low.
“We finished fifth out of 11 horses. We’ll try and do better next time!”