- South Africa remembers fallen sports trio
- Brand and Grant keep SA in contention at World Games
- Chad chasing down overall World Cup title
- South Africa take on Turkey in Davis Cup action
- SA trio in golden form in Tokyo World Cup
- Brand makes sure SA team stay in contention in Peru
- Pretorius and Co set records aplenty at nationals
- Lightfoot, Slattery power through in Portugal
- In-form Pace swings to her second title in 10 days
- February to the fore for SA in Peru
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.