- Team SA’s daily Commonwealth Games update
- SA badminton team take on Norfolk Island in opener
- Habana released too late for Games
- Strauss heads for Games with another title in the bag
- Delegates impressed by Durban’s 2022 CWG presentation
- She’s young but ‘old hand’ Botha is gunning for medals
- Le Clos to win four golds, Schoeman one, say bookies
- Men’s hockey side draw Games warm-up match
- Ex SA judoka also in action in Glasgow
- Judoka await draw as Games draw closer
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.