- Flood of global tributes for Mbulaeni Mulaudzi
- SA’s top walkers make big strides towards Beijing
- Catch SA’s stars in action at national and continental championships
- Ruhan has his sights set on World Championships
- SA’s elite BMX riders chase UCI points for Rio 2016
- Banyana must beat Cote d’Ivoire to earn World Cup slot
- Ryle the star of South Africa at Rescue 2014
- Jordaan urges Banyana to do the nation proud in Namibia
- Smith surfs to runners-up spot in Portugal
- Olympic cyclists drop back as Pioneer wraps up
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.