- IPC Athletics World Championships now a month earlier
- Smith wins Hurley Pro in California to move up rankings
- Impey joins SA team for Road World Championships
- Veteran Modise on the brink of footballing milestone
- SA canoeists aim for world’s No1 ranking
- Phalula’s victory is a triumph over tribulations
- Continent’s quickest are coming to South Africa
- Brazil sevens rugby side in SA to hone their skills
- World’s top skateboarders are coming to Kimberley
- McGregor hunting down first Fish K1 title
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.