- SA’s Buitedag blasts through to quarters in Australia
- Another disappointing campaign for SA Women’s sevens side in Canada
- ‘Twister’ takes SA Open title in Johannesburg
- Western Province teams rule the roost at Amateur Inter-Provincial
- Mokoka the master as he breaks 20-year-old track record
- Sweeney secures World Champs berth, Le Clos wins third gold
- Semenya still on track for Rio 2016
- World record for Paul as Brown powers on
- Samaai soars to world’s leading leap of 2015 at nationals
- Brown’s golden form continues in Durban
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.