- Olympic medallist Thompson takes the time to plough back knowledge
- Van Kradenberg shoots her way to gold medal in France
- Shange out to walk his way into the record books
- SA women lead but Belgium bounce back to square hockey series
- Sithole set to seal a spot in the finals of Aussie Open
- Olympian Murray puts in the miles for a bumper 2015 season
- Three goals give SA hockey women victory in third Test
- SA’s top women will be racing all the way to the bank in 2015
- Beneke relishing a second shot at hurdles glory
- Battling Bafana out of AFCON 2015 after fading against Ghana
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.