Hi Oscar,(or Mr. Pistorius) I loved watching you in the Olympics and I was cheering you on. I have seizures and want to be a football player, so i have to watch my sleep, water, stress, and medication just to be able to play. Im sure its nothing like missing your legs, but you have truly inspired me to work harder. I love drawing and creating new super hero's and you are my Super Hero (besides my Dad), so I have created a Super Hero in your honor. I have a picture of you as a Super Hero and I went with the name "Blade Runner" (cause i think it is SUPER cool). I have based many things about your Super Hero origin I created, on what i have read about you, plus i created a list of your Super Powers, Occupation, and Super Hero Gadgets. Please send me your email address so that I can send you the picture of you as a Super Hero and your Hero Status. I sure hope you get this, and I look forward to watching more of your athletic accomplishments. Joey Fritz Montgomery, AL 12 years old (my dad is Tom Fritz and his email is the email I am allowed to use at email@example.com)
- Murray caps a memorable year with victory in Mexico
- Keeling and Ward win surfski gold for SA in Tahiti
- Pollution wipes out day one but Van der Burgh emerges victorious on day two
- Cape Town Surfriders seal SA Junior Champs vicotry
- BMX aces firmly focused on road to Rio
- Elkington executes perfect 10-pointer at Jeffreys
- Seymour rides her way to possible Rio berth
- April looks to bounce back after Berlin breakdown
- Girls steal the show at second day of SA Juniors
- Former world champ to take on the Fish River Marathon
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.