Hi Oscar,(or Mr. Pistorius) I loved watching you in the Olympics and I was cheering you on. I have seizures and want to be a football player, so i have to watch my sleep, water, stress, and medication just to be able to play. Im sure its nothing like missing your legs, but you have truly inspired me to work harder. I love drawing and creating new super hero's and you are my Super Hero (besides my Dad), so I have created a Super Hero in your honor. I have a picture of you as a Super Hero and I went with the name "Blade Runner" (cause i think it is SUPER cool). I have based many things about your Super Hero origin I created, on what i have read about you, plus i created a list of your Super Powers, Occupation, and Super Hero Gadgets. Please send me your email address so that I can send you the picture of you as a Super Hero and your Hero Status. I sure hope you get this, and I look forward to watching more of your athletic accomplishments. Joey Fritz Montgomery, AL 12 years old (my dad is Tom Fritz and his email is the email I am allowed to use at email@example.com)
- Olympian Buys leads six-strong SA side for MTB World Champs
- Dodd leads the chase in Colombia as SA racers line up at world championships
- M4 crew’s Swiss success means SA have five boats qualified for Rio
- SA duo of Simon and Van Zyl book their spots at US Open
- Wostmann can run her way to more SA running records at Comrades
- Junior wheelchair stars down Russia in Japan
- Johnson and Lord Louis ride to two first places in Europe
- Hanekom hoping to be part of hurdles final action in Rio
- Hartley will dig deep after ‘disappointing’ World Cup weekend
- Tough going for SA riders at Albstadt World Cup
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.