- Athletes add four medals to Team SA tally
- Job done as South Africa earn right to take on Australia
- Triumphant swimmers ‘have done South Africa proud’
- Happiness for Hogan and Fredericks … but not for Van Zyl
- How Team SA fared: Day seven
- Le Clos in seventh heaven after Commonwealth frenzy
- Van Niekerk safely through to 400m final
- Uphill MTB battle for Strauss and Buys
- How Team SA fared: Day six
- Asher leads medal rush for SA cyclists
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.