- Western Province tear up the track at President’s Cup
- Debut for Gelant and ace duo are back for the Blitzboks
- Early setback for SA’s Paralympians at the Masters
- Buitendag leads the way as SA surfers shine on global circuit
- Pienaar at the helm of SA sevens side in Dubai
- Coppinger captures career-best tournament result in Doha
- Pasio pedals her way to leading sporting award
- Sevens Academy squad named for Harare, Dubai
- Sithole, Montjane meet the Mayor ahead of Masters
- Golden victory for Verdi and Johnson
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.