Hi Oscar,(or Mr. Pistorius) I loved watching you in the Olympics and I was cheering you on. I have seizures and want to be a football player, so i have to watch my sleep, water, stress, and medication just to be able to play. Im sure its nothing like missing your legs, but you have truly inspired me to work harder. I love drawing and creating new super hero's and you are my Super Hero (besides my Dad), so I have created a Super Hero in your honor. I have a picture of you as a Super Hero and I went with the name "Blade Runner" (cause i think it is SUPER cool). I have based many things about your Super Hero origin I created, on what i have read about you, plus i created a list of your Super Powers, Occupation, and Super Hero Gadgets. Please send me your email address so that I can send you the picture of you as a Super Hero and your Hero Status. I sure hope you get this, and I look forward to watching more of your athletic accomplishments. Joey Fritz Montgomery, AL 12 years old (my dad is Tom Fritz and his email is the email I am allowed to use at email@example.com)
- Paralympic medallist Paul preparing to ‘put the icing on the cake’
- Multi-code stars fine tune skills in Stellenbosch
- Dominique dashes to Rio 10,000m qualifying time in US
- Pfeifer leads from start to finish, Theron is SA’s best at Zwartkops
- Multi-talented Strauss, Le Roux show that the future’s bright
- Ho all set to fly the flag for SA archery in Rio
- Foreigners to the fore but Van Wyk’s not done yet
- Nel faces tough European opener… but she’s up for it!
- Dale Whitaker’s a winner once more!
- Hougaard back on Blitzboks duty for Paris/London
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.