- Brave Blitzboks’ Hong Kong hoodoo continues
- Mokoka best of the SA athletes in China
- Blitzboks end Pool stages unbeaten in Hong Kong
- Blitzboks keep clean sheet with victory against Argentine
- Bianca masters the bars for sixth spot in Doha
- Shange, Mundell make great strides for SA walking
- SA golfers on the back foot in Argentina as Ireland make the pace
- SA quartet in World Championships track action
- SA’s top runners set to fight it out at SPAR Challenge
- Another World Championships comes to Pietermaritzburg
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.