- Blitzbok women drawn with front-runners New Zealand in Atlanta
- Amajimbos roar into African Youth Championships final
- Olympic rower pulls out all the stops to beat cancer
- Maliekal wins Uganda International title for SA
- Amajimbos look to maintain momentum against Nigeria
- Two SA teams will do duty in African Qualification tennis tournament
- Yet another victory for Paralympian Van Dyk
- Coach Ntseki on the Amajimbos’ Championships march
- SA’s Klaasen makes another doubles final in the US
- Legote flies SA flag at her season-opening event
Bladerunner Pistorius included in SA’s Olympic team
- Updated: July 4, 2012
Included in South Africa’s 4×400-metre relay team for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Paralympic ace Oscar Pistorius will also be permitted to run the men’s 400-metre race.
That was confirmed by SASCOC Chief Executive Officer Mr Tubby Reddy in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
Double amputee Pistorius, commonly known as the “Bladerunner”, was among the nine track and field athletes added to the final Olympic Games squad on Wednesday.