- Judo brings in Team SA’s first medals of Games
- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
President’s Voice ÔÇô Gideon Sam
- Updated: June 24, 2012
Well I’m very happy to say that the announcement of our Paralympic team last week was well received and the media gave the team a big thumbs-up.
It was indeed a fantastic moment for the athletes who will┬á join us for the occasion. There are new faces in the team and by all account these are the athletes who take over the baton from the more seasoned campaigners.
The future of Paralympics in this country is guaranteed and this team will carry our national flag for many years to come.
The sponsors of the Paralympic team were well- pleased with what they saw and just as confident as we are that this team will bring back the medals as they have done in the past.
The least we can do as the sports movement is to work closely with sponsors who support our athletes. So we want to thank the sponsors who have faithfully supported our Paralympic Team.
I think the country has heaved a huge collective sigh of relief now that they have seen the kit and what the SA team will look like when they make their appearance in London.
Our thanks go to the many people who helped us arrive at a kit that will bring a smile to the face of many people. Thank you to the South African public for joining in and help us make our athletes look so smart.
Now that the athletes know that they are in the team, the ball is in their court. The country wants medals now and all the talk is over ÔÇô time for action.