- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
President’s Voice ÔÇô Gideon Sam
- Updated: June 24, 2012
Well I’m very happy to say that the announcement of our Paralympic team last week was well received and the media gave the team a big thumbs-up.
It was indeed a fantastic moment for the athletes who will┬á join us for the occasion. There are new faces in the team and by all account these are the athletes who take over the baton from the more seasoned campaigners.
The future of Paralympics in this country is guaranteed and this team will carry our national flag for many years to come.
The sponsors of the Paralympic team were well- pleased with what they saw and just as confident as we are that this team will bring back the medals as they have done in the past.
The least we can do as the sports movement is to work closely with sponsors who support our athletes. So we want to thank the sponsors who have faithfully supported our Paralympic Team.
I think the country has heaved a huge collective sigh of relief now that they have seen the kit and what the SA team will look like when they make their appearance in London.
Our thanks go to the many people who helped us arrive at a kit that will bring a smile to the face of many people. Thank you to the South African public for joining in and help us make our athletes look so smart.
Now that the athletes know that they are in the team, the ball is in their court. The country wants medals now and all the talk is over ÔÇô time for action.