- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Hockey girls take on No1
- Updated: June 8, 2012
If ever they needed an indication of just where they slot in on the world hockey pecking order, our women’s hockey side got that on Thursday night.
That’s because the day’s results mean that Giles Bonnet’s girls will now play the world’s top side Holland in the first semi-final of the Investec London Cup in Chiswick on Saturday.
That’s after third-ranked Germany beat hosts Great Britain (ranked No4) in a Pool B game.
The Germans won 2-1, setting up the semi-final clash. Good news, not only for South African hockey fans but general sport and Olympic fans, is that the match will be televised live on SuperSport 4 on 3.30pm.
Thursday’s earlier match saw Holland beating Ireland to win Pool A.
Germany now take on seventh ranked Australia in the second semi-final at 6pm on Saturday.
The gold medal match will be screened live on Sunday (SS 6, 5pm) and the bronze-medal match is earlier, at 2.15pm.