- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Hockey girls take on No1
- Updated: June 8, 2012
If ever they needed an indication of just where they slot in on the world hockey pecking order, our women’s hockey side got that on Thursday night.
That’s because the day’s results mean that Giles Bonnet’s girls will now play the world’s top side Holland in the first semi-final of the Investec London Cup in Chiswick on Saturday.
That’s after third-ranked Germany beat hosts Great Britain (ranked No4) in a Pool B game.
The Germans won 2-1, setting up the semi-final clash. Good news, not only for South African hockey fans but general sport and Olympic fans, is that the match will be televised live on SuperSport 4 on 3.30pm.
Thursday’s earlier match saw Holland beating Ireland to win Pool A.
Germany now take on seventh ranked Australia in the second semi-final at 6pm on Saturday.
The gold medal match will be screened live on Sunday (SS 6, 5pm) and the bronze-medal match is earlier, at 2.15pm.