- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Hockey girls take on No1
- Updated: June 8, 2012
If ever they needed an indication of just where they slot in on the world hockey pecking order, our women’s hockey side got that on Thursday night.
That’s because the day’s results mean that Giles Bonnet’s girls will now play the world’s top side Holland in the first semi-final of the Investec London Cup in Chiswick on Saturday.
That’s after third-ranked Germany beat hosts Great Britain (ranked No4) in a Pool B game.
The Germans won 2-1, setting up the semi-final clash. Good news, not only for South African hockey fans but general sport and Olympic fans, is that the match will be televised live on SuperSport 4 on 3.30pm.
Thursday’s earlier match saw Holland beating Ireland to win Pool A.
Germany now take on seventh ranked Australia in the second semi-final at 6pm on Saturday.
The gold medal match will be screened live on Sunday (SS 6, 5pm) and the bronze-medal match is earlier, at 2.15pm.