- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
Grandin goes through
- Updated: June 4, 2012
Natalie Grandin and Australian partner retained South African interest in the French Open tennis tournament at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
The two came through their second round mixed doubles match easily enough with a straight sets victory.
They beat the French duo of Stephanie Foretz-Gascon and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-2 6-4 to set up a third round clash against the Polish/Mexican combination of Klaudia Jans-Ignacik and Santiago Gonzalez.
Meanwhile our second-ranked women’s singles player, Chanel Simmonds made it to the final of a ITF $25,000 tournament in China.
Playing the Gimcheon Open, and seeded first, she lost to China’s Ying-Ying Duan, going down 6-2 6-1. She also reached the quarter-finals of the doubles competition with Huynh Phuong Dai.