- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
Kevin into third round
- Updated: May 31, 2012
Kevin Anderson moved comfortably through to the third round of the French Open at Roland Garos, Paris on Wednesday, writes Mark Etheridge.
After his marathon five-setter first round match, our No1 ranked player took on Argentina’s Horacio Zeballos.
And apart from a second set slip-up, he had few problems in winning 6-3 3-6 6-3 6-0.
There were aces aplenty for the 31st seed ÔÇô 21 in all ÔÇô and only seven in reply from the Argentinian.
Anderson had a 71% first serve percentage and his big first service proved crucial as he won 85% of first service points.
The match lasted just an hour and half meaning he should recover quickly enough to face his next opponent, the Czech Republic’s Tomas Berdych in the round of 16.
The two have met on two occasions this year already with World No7 Berdych coming out tops on both occasions, winning in straight sets at the year’s first Grand Slam, the Australian Open, and also at the ATP WOrld Tour Masters 1000 in Madrid.
Speaking of his third round task, Anderson told the ATP Tour website: “I’ve played him a couple of times now this year already and he’s beaten me both times. I’ve learned a few things from both times I’ve played him. I know I’m going to have to play well. He’s obviously a very good player. For me, it’s just going to be a pretty relaxed day tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to the challenge on Friday. I’m going to have to play well and that’s why I’m here. It’s going to be a fun match and something I’m looking forward to.”