- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
Reinardt’s points win
- Updated: May 30, 2012
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg’s reputation continues to gather momentum in Europe as he cycled his way to more honours at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Janse van Rensburg and the MTN-Qhubeka outfit were in action at the Tour de Gironde in France.
The race was held over three stages in scorching conditions and Janse van Rensburg’s form was equally hot.
He was never out of the top five spots after each of the three stages, ending fifth, second and third respectively. Team-mate Arran Brown was fourth in the third stage.
Pretoria’s Janse van Rensburg went on to win the overall points classification with 48 points, his second points win on the trot after he had had the same success at the Fl├¿che du Sud in Luxembourg earlier this month.
The stages were all fairly long, with the first being the shortest at 160 kilometers and the second at 180km.
Janse Van Rensburg also ended fourth in the General Classification, ending 53sec behind Rabobank’s Nicky van der Lijke.