- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Reinardt’s points win
- Updated: May 30, 2012
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg’s reputation continues to gather momentum in Europe as he cycled his way to more honours at the weekend, writes Mark Etheridge.
Janse van Rensburg and the MTN-Qhubeka outfit were in action at the Tour de Gironde in France.
The race was held over three stages in scorching conditions and Janse van Rensburg’s form was equally hot.
He was never out of the top five spots after each of the three stages, ending fifth, second and third respectively. Team-mate Arran Brown was fourth in the third stage.
Pretoria’s Janse van Rensburg went on to win the overall points classification with 48 points, his second points win on the trot after he had had the same success at the Fl├¿che du Sud in Luxembourg earlier this month.
The stages were all fairly long, with the first being the shortest at 160 kilometers and the second at 180km.
Janse Van Rensburg also ended fourth in the General Classification, ending 53sec behind Rabobank’s Nicky van der Lijke.