- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Ashleigh wins final stage
- Updated: May 28, 2012
Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio ensured a South African victory in the fourth and final leg of the Tour de Free State on Sunday.
She covered the 72-kilometre stage from Kestell to Clarens in a time of 2hr 10min 50sec, beating world number three Emma Johansson of Sweden in the process.
Moolman Pasio, Johansson, Christel Ferrier-Bruneau and Hanka Kupfernagel all crossed the line with the same time.
Next best South Africans were Lise Olivier in 10th, Robyn de Groot in 11th and Anriette Schoeman and An-Li Pretorius in 18th and 19th position respectively.
Johansson took overall General Classification honors with a time of 10hr 45min 11sec from Kupfernagel (five seconds back) and Moolman was first South African, just 26sec adrift. Next best was her Lotto-Belisol team-mate De Groot, 3:06 behind.