- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
Ashleigh wins final stage
- Updated: May 28, 2012
Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio ensured a South African victory in the fourth and final leg of the Tour de Free State on Sunday.
She covered the 72-kilometre stage from Kestell to Clarens in a time of 2hr 10min 50sec, beating world number three Emma Johansson of Sweden in the process.
Moolman Pasio, Johansson, Christel Ferrier-Bruneau and Hanka Kupfernagel all crossed the line with the same time.
Next best South Africans were Lise Olivier in 10th, Robyn de Groot in 11th and Anriette Schoeman and An-Li Pretorius in 18th and 19th position respectively.
Johansson took overall General Classification honors with a time of 10hr 45min 11sec from Kupfernagel (five seconds back) and Moolman was first South African, just 26sec adrift. Next best was her Lotto-Belisol team-mate De Groot, 3:06 behind.