- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Ashleigh wins final stage
- Updated: May 28, 2012
Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio ensured a South African victory in the fourth and final leg of the Tour de Free State on Sunday.
She covered the 72-kilometre stage from Kestell to Clarens in a time of 2hr 10min 50sec, beating world number three Emma Johansson of Sweden in the process.
Moolman Pasio, Johansson, Christel Ferrier-Bruneau and Hanka Kupfernagel all crossed the line with the same time.
Next best South Africans were Lise Olivier in 10th, Robyn de Groot in 11th and Anriette Schoeman and An-Li Pretorius in 18th and 19th position respectively.
Johansson took overall General Classification honors with a time of 10hr 45min 11sec from Kupfernagel (five seconds back) and Moolman was first South African, just 26sec adrift. Next best was her Lotto-Belisol team-mate De Groot, 3:06 behind.