- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
- Hall of Fame honours for SA legend Sally Little
- Blitzboks off to a great start with Ugandan whitewash
- Banyana going all out to bag bronze in Cameroon
- Powell opts for experience at Dubai Sevens
SA duo at French Open
- Updated: May 27, 2012
Our top-ranked men’s player, Kevin Anderson shouldn’t have too many sleepless nights about progressing to the next round of the French Open that starts in Paris on Sunday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson, seeded 31st for the year’s second Grand Slam event, comes up against Portuguese opponent Rui Machado, a player ranked 79th to his 34th. Machado’s best French Open to date was three years ago where he made the second round.
Having said that, big-serving Anderson’s best surface is certainly not the slow clay court of Roland Garos.
Anderson reached the second round in Paris last year.
In the women’s draw our top-ranked women’s player Chani Scheepers comes up against Spanish opponent Laura Pous-tio. Scheepers is ranked 45th on the WTA rankings compared to her opponent’s 98th.