- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
SA duo at French Open
- Updated: May 27, 2012
Our top-ranked men’s player, Kevin Anderson shouldn’t have too many sleepless nights about progressing to the next round of the French Open that starts in Paris on Sunday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson, seeded 31st for the year’s second Grand Slam event, comes up against Portuguese opponent Rui Machado, a player ranked 79th to his 34th. Machado’s best French Open to date was three years ago where he made the second round.
Having said that, big-serving Anderson’s best surface is certainly not the slow clay court of Roland Garos.
Anderson reached the second round in Paris last year.
In the women’s draw our top-ranked women’s player Chani Scheepers comes up against Spanish opponent Laura Pous-tio. Scheepers is ranked 45th on the WTA rankings compared to her opponent’s 98th.