- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
SA duo at French Open
- Updated: May 27, 2012
Our top-ranked men’s player, Kevin Anderson shouldn’t have too many sleepless nights about progressing to the next round of the French Open that starts in Paris on Sunday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson, seeded 31st for the year’s second Grand Slam event, comes up against Portuguese opponent Rui Machado, a player ranked 79th to his 34th. Machado’s best French Open to date was three years ago where he made the second round.
Having said that, big-serving Anderson’s best surface is certainly not the slow clay court of Roland Garos.
Anderson reached the second round in Paris last year.
In the women’s draw our top-ranked women’s player Chani Scheepers comes up against Spanish opponent Laura Pous-tio. Scheepers is ranked 45th on the WTA rankings compared to her opponent’s 98th.