- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
SA duo at French Open
- Updated: May 27, 2012
Our top-ranked men’s player, Kevin Anderson shouldn’t have too many sleepless nights about progressing to the next round of the French Open that starts in Paris on Sunday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Anderson, seeded 31st for the year’s second Grand Slam event, comes up against Portuguese opponent Rui Machado, a player ranked 79th to his 34th. Machado’s best French Open to date was three years ago where he made the second round.
Having said that, big-serving Anderson’s best surface is certainly not the slow clay court of Roland Garos.
Anderson reached the second round in Paris last year.
In the women’s draw our top-ranked women’s player Chani Scheepers comes up against Spanish opponent Laura Pous-tio. Scheepers is ranked 45th on the WTA rankings compared to her opponent’s 98th.