- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Boxers win bronze
- Updated: May 5, 2012
South African boxing duo Siphiwe Lusizi and Ayabonga Sonjica bagged bronze medals at the AIBA Olympic qualifier in Casablanca, Morocco on Friday, writes Mark Etheridge.
Both lost their semi-final bouts but by virtue of making the semi-finals they earned bronze medals and provisionally qualified for the London Olympics later this year.
Their inclusion in Team South Africa now rests at board level of the national Olympic governing body SASCOC.
Lusizi took on Mali’s Mohamed Diaby in the 69 kilogram division and final points score was 15-15 but Diaby got the judges’ nod. The first round was tied 6-6, Diaby edged the second 6-5┬á and Lusizi took the third 3-4.
Sonjica was campaigning in the 56kg division and lost to London based Ghanaian Isaac Dogboe. The final tally was 8-6 to Dogboe.
The teenager took the first round 4-3, drew the second 2-2 and shaded the last 2-1.