- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
Reinardt wins again
- Updated: May 4, 2012
Our newly crowned Tour de Bretagne winner Reinardt Janse van Rensburg did not disappoint in Friday’s 2.8-kilometre prologue time trial at the 60th running of the Ronde van Overijssel cycle race in Holland, winning the event in a time of 3min 48sec ÔÇô┬á a full 3sec ahead of his nearest competitor.
Proudly wearing his South African National Time Trial Championship skin suit for the first time since he won the title in South Africa in Nelspruit two months ago was another motivating factor.
Fresh from his overall victory in the Tour de Bretagne just two days ago Janse van Rensburg knew that his form was good and this victory brings his tally to nine UCI victories in 2012, a number shared only by Tom Boonen (Omega Pharma Quickstep).
Janse van Rensburg’s Team MTN-Qhubeka team mates did not disappoint either with Arran Brown finishing in sixh place, just six seconds adrift, and Martin Wesemann finished in eighth place 7.75sec behind Janse van Rensburg.
Team MTN-Qhubeka were the only team to place three riders in the top 10 riders on the stage out of the 180 riders that started on Friday. This result puts Team MTN-Qhubeka in the lead in the Team General Classification ahead of Cycling Team De Rijke and Rabobank.
Saturday will see the team race the final stage of the tour over 202km before heading back to Belgium to race Circuit de Wallonie on Sunday.