- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Updated: April 29, 2012
Kevin Anderson’s Barcelona Open ended when he was bounced out in the third round.
Our top-ranked player lost to Spain’s Fernando Verdasco, going down in straight sets 6-4 6-4, writes Mark Etheridge.
The match was afforded centre court honours and Anderson was out there for 1hr 44min before going down in straight sets 6-4 6-4.
Surprisingly, Anderson lost the ace count 5-4 and was also edged in the other service statistics.
Ninth-seeded Verdasco went on to reach the semi-finals where he went down to fellow Spaniard and top seed Rafel Nadal in straight sets 6-0 6-4.