- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
- Bujela and Prinsloo make the running at Randpark
- South African yacht sails to third spot in Cape2Rio
- Banyana replacements named for France friendly
- Local caddie bags big bonus after Storm’s win
- Storm stays calm as he holds off McIlroy to win SA Open
- Productive camp for Banyana ahead of French clash
- Storm hits last round of SA Open with three-stroke lead
SA duo reach final
- Updated: April 21, 2012
South African acro gymnasts Emilio Abreu and Malik Baatjies have qualified for Sunday’s finals of the men’s pairs of the World Age Group Competitions in Florida, US after ending in fourth place.
“Emilio and Malik received huge applause for their dynamic routine and scored well over 27,” coach Natalia Prokopchik von Willigh said.
She said that the competition in all the sections are extremely high as more and more countries enter the spectacular discipline of gymnastics.
“The two boys need to out score gymnasts from Russia, Ukraine, Belgium and Great Britain in order to win a medal and that will be an extremely difficult task,” she said.
This year 36 countries entered the event. South Africa is represented by 18 gymnasts.
Matome Tshishonga and Natalie Friesling, South Africa’s only senior gymnasts, earlier in the week finished in the 11th place in the Acro Gymnastics World Championships.