- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
SA duo reach final
- Updated: April 21, 2012
South African acro gymnasts Emilio Abreu and Malik Baatjies have qualified for Sunday’s finals of the men’s pairs of the World Age Group Competitions in Florida, US after ending in fourth place.
“Emilio and Malik received huge applause for their dynamic routine and scored well over 27,” coach Natalia Prokopchik von Willigh said.
She said that the competition in all the sections are extremely high as more and more countries enter the spectacular discipline of gymnastics.
“The two boys need to out score gymnasts from Russia, Ukraine, Belgium and Great Britain in order to win a medal and that will be an extremely difficult task,” she said.
This year 36 countries entered the event. South Africa is represented by 18 gymnasts.
Matome Tshishonga and Natalie Friesling, South Africa’s only senior gymnasts, earlier in the week finished in the 11th place in the Acro Gymnastics World Championships.