- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
LJ glides into final
- Updated: April 13, 2012
World championships bronze medallist LJ van Zyl barely raised a sweat as he coasted into the final of the 400 metre hurdles on day of the Yellow Pages national track and field championships in Port Elizabeth on Friday.
Running in heat two Van Zyl trotted to a 52.23 victory to book his place in Saturday’s final. He won from Athletics Gauteng North team-mate Le Roux Hamman (52.41).
The first heat was won by 2010 champion and last year’s runner-up, Cornel Fredericks in 50.07 from Thabiso Kekana (52.31).
Victory in the final heat went to yet another AGN hurdler, PC Benek in 52.27.
World 800m champion three years ago, Mbulaeni Mulaudzi moved comfortably into the final of the two-lapper, winning the third and final heat in 1:49.28.
The other heat winners were Andre Olivier (1:52.06) and Tlou Seloba in 1:50.16.
In the men’s 100m, Simon Magakwe started his quest for a fourth successive national title off easily enough by winning his heat in 10.41sec. His time was second quickest behind Hannes Dreyer (10.31).