- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Oscar into semi-finals
- Updated: April 13, 2012
Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius qualified for the semi-finals of the men’s 400-metre at Friday’s first day of the Yellow Pages SA track and field championships in Port Elizabeth.
Pistorius, who has already run an international qualifying time in Italy, clocked 48.24 seconds in blustery conditions.
That saw the double leg-amputee ending second in his heat. The winner was Athletics Gauteng North team-mate Ranti Dektate in 48.06.
Pistorius nearly three seconds off the qualifying time for the London Games (45.30sec) after battling into a strong headwind in the home straight at the NMMU Stadium.
Pistorius said: “We thought we’d have the wind as an assistance into the home straight but it started working against us. I’m feeling confident, I think it’s going to be a good workout.”