- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
- SA win three medals on day one of African Championships
- Former stars Radebe and McCarthy help find new Bafana coach
- SA’s Ahlers one shot off as Canter leads on Outeniqua
- Birkett and Solms blast into lead as Dusi gets under way
Oscar into semi-finals
- Updated: April 13, 2012
Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius qualified for the semi-finals of the men’s 400-metre at Friday’s first day of the Yellow Pages SA track and field championships in Port Elizabeth.
Pistorius, who has already run an international qualifying time in Italy, clocked 48.24 seconds in blustery conditions.
That saw the double leg-amputee ending second in his heat. The winner was Athletics Gauteng North team-mate Ranti Dektate in 48.06.
Pistorius nearly three seconds off the qualifying time for the London Games (45.30sec) after battling into a strong headwind in the home straight at the NMMU Stadium.
Pistorius said: “We thought we’d have the wind as an assistance into the home straight but it started working against us. I’m feeling confident, I think it’s going to be a good workout.”